Exploring Shenmue Forest: the Network Jungle II: Digitaliland Event (1999)

Cool find, that beta footage with the much heavier snow Is interesting. I just assumed with NPC’s and other things they could never get stable framerate thus cut back on the effects.

Hi all,

Good news! I could track someone down in Japan that has recorded the full Network Jungle 2 TV broadcast documentary from 1999 (probably the only recording that exists except for maybe NHK archives). He even has recordings of stage events and much more. I'm in talks with him, if he is willing to release the full thing, so finger crossed :D In worst case, i have a copy of it already, but without any audio. Here is a sneak peek:

Last edited:
Good news! I could track someone down in Japan that has recorded the full Network Jungle 2 TV broadcast documentary from 1999 (probably the only recording that exists except for maybe NHK archives). He even has recordings of stage events and much more.
Amazing news! Feel free to DM me if you need help with making English subtitles.

Hi all,

Good news! I could track someone down in Japan that has recorded the full Network Jungle 2 TV broadcast documentary from 1999 (probably the only recording that exists except for maybe NHK archives). He even has recordings of stage events and much more. I'm in talks with him, if he is willing to release the full thing, so finger crossed :D In worst case, i have a copy of it already, but without any audio. Here is a sneak peek:

Amazing, I hope you can get your hands on this and members of community like @Switch can take a closer look at this.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for sharing guys. The shown material looks impressive.

It is also really sad to see how advanced gaming promotion was back then compared to today. It looked so professional, unlike today where the promotion of games is kept in the hands of random guys online who often look as if they cannot count to 3.

Got no answer yet, but in the meantime, enjoy the NJ2 Stage Music performance recording! :D
The audio is a bit bad, but i tried to get the best out of it. Hopefully i will get the raw recordings with a clean audio track in my hands.

@Switch Oh yes that would be very helpful. Will write you a DM with more infos.

Back