Expanding the fighting engine

I’ve been thinking about this for years, and even more so recently for some reason. Maybe instead of trying to adapt a really technical fighting game engine to a brawling game situation, it could be best to just create a really technical brawler system. As much as I love Yakuza and Judgement, I wouldn’t want to see Shenmue abandon what it was originally trying to go for. I haven’t played the game yet, but the praise that Sifu is getting has really made me wish the fighting system in Shenmue made that kind of impact.

I trust Yu Suzuki vision all the way but after seeing the game "Sifu" maybe the combat can go down this route. It seems like addictive fighting engine without breaking the bank.

Hello, I watched passages of sifu, as I am French, I should shout cocorico, and well, no, that would not correspond to me. Although I enjoy the virtua fighters series as a pure simulation in different martial arts disciplines, what I would be most interested in would be the heart, the essence, the philosophy, which Shenmue would represent, in my humble opinion, a good example of video game porting, of an idea, an ideal, a passion... In Shenmue series, i'd like to learn techniques, listen to the moves and use the strengh of the others to let them throwing away in a flow of natural motion without the utility of free violence (in reference to the wudes) I was disappointed by the directions taken in Shenmue 3, too many businesses and shops, uninteresting games and events... I would have preferred a Virtua fighter 3 arcade cabinet for fun... for the record, having saw it posted in the arcade next to the large hanging Chaï plush, I toiled like crazy for several days with the forklift, charging terminals in the dock warehouse, hoping to see them install the model 3 terminal... I expected to train on the large wooden logs of Bailu village like the shaolin monks and also on the wooden dummies like ip Man, do fights with projections and sequences like virtua fighter as in Shenmue 1 and 2...consternation

Last edited:
Back