"Don't you know that blackmail is waaay uncool?" Ryo being strangely out of character saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy.

More like "AnotherUser"
Ryo just sounded so out of character saying this. Yes I did learn about how this got translated to what it is thanks to that Phantom Riverstone article, but it is the delivery and tone of it that got me and why it didn't sound like him. For some reason, I didn't think it was Ryo saying it, but one of the thugs for some reason all these years until recently. I thought it was some really bad sarcasm which didn't make much sense. Don't get me started with Ryo being called a Geek by Goro. Odd bit overall in a funny way. I was expecting "schoolboy" maybe like the other delinquents and thugs call him.

He was making fun of Goro's Fonzie shtick. But yeah Ryo's never that clever or sarcastic with his words so it's kinda funny when he is. Only other time I could think of him being like that is when Dou Niu falls through the ground in Shenmue 2 and Ryo sarcastically waves bye bye to him. I always thought that was strangely out of character too, guess we all have our moments.

Locking this thread for now as it's attracting weird AI spam bots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back