Do you say "The Internet" or "Social Media" when talking aboot the net?

Do you say "The Internet" or "Social Media" when talking aboot the net?

• Social Media

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shitshow Media

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Call me a traditionalist, but I call the Internet the Internet and social media social media.
But when you say 'internet' there, are you referring to the internet or social media? πŸ€”

When I'm referring to something specific like Amazon, a social media site, or other site like this, I'll use the name of the specific site. I generally don't use "the internet" unless I'm describing how networking in general works to my kids. As an example, I don't see ShenmueDojo as a social media site. It's social in the forums and it has media... but it's not a social media site. It's more a kin to the Yahoo forums of the 90's.

Happy to say that I don't use social media. Another word I use to describe social media as a generalization is "cancer".

When people refer to the internet as "social media" makes them sound like an old fart (who works in the msm) who doesn't understand the internet and tries to equate the internet to the media. Just saying.

Neither, I will say the actual site I am using.

I think the only time I say the Internet is when it goes down, so something like "what's going on, is the internet down?.......f**k sake" :laughing:

Back