Development Log #4

The shots released at the beginning of the project were wonderful but a bit overdone in some areas. But these look absolutely PERFECT. Personally don't find anything to nitpick.

Keep doing this way. It will be a dream come true when released! (and I get emotional when I think how Wan Chai and Guilin might look)

Currently playing
Pokemon GO, Yandere Simulator, SCUM (the latter two are coming up - need a better comp)
I am getting goosebumps just by looking at these pictures. And to think that you guys included the cut area from the 1998 E3 presentation - that will make the remakes really worth it and as it was mentioned before, can't wait to see how Aberdeen and Wan Chai might look like in the Pheonix edition. Stellar work you guys!

ShenGCH

This motherfucker... cupped his hands...
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Neon Abyss
Love it, love it, love it, love it, LOVE IT!

I have only one criticism: in the Dragon Edition, certain aspects of the grimy, worn, and/or lived-in look present in the originals are lacking. Instead, the grime and wear looks more like wallpaper, as opposed to something that is naturally occurring. It's all a little too clean, if that makes sense.

Fantastic work as always and thank you for the dev update. Love when I hit new posts on the forum and I see that another one has been added :D!

The outdoor shots look incredible to be honest, the lighting just looks so good! I cannot wait to see Ryo walking through Dobuita and hear the sound of his footsteps on the snow!

I know you guys love to hide little Easter eggs on these posts can you tell us if there is one :p I thought that it might be something to do with the last image's title (1625618453463.png), as it was attached as a .png unlike embedded in the post like the rest. Actually googled it and found that the dev log has been posted on the Chinese site Billi Billi which is pretty cool to see :D Let us know please <3!

Those shots of the environments around Doubita and Yamanose, really seem to capture the feel and look many of us have of Shenmue in our minds eye.

I am also really happy to hear Francois is collaborating and working with you. Ever since I saw his Shenmue recreation in UE it seemed like a natural fit for this project.

tvshtr

Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill
Do we have any idea what was the purpose of the cut out area with cherry trees? A training ground? Is it up in the mountains? I've always wanted to climb that mountain...

Currently playing
Yakuza 0 (PS4)
PSN
HoshiGAKiteiku
It looks great. Especiallytthe lighting is really nice. Keep up the good work!
Love it, love it, love it, love it, LOVE IT!

I have only one criticism: in the Dragon Edition, certain aspects of the grimy, worn, and/or lived-in look present in the originals are lacking. Instead, the grime and wear looks more like wallpaper, as opposed to something that is naturally occurring. It's all a little too clean, if that makes sense.

I may be wrong but I think it's the new lighting on the old textures which I think already had some prebaked lighting on them, so it makes the textures seem a bit unnatural. There's nothing really to be done about it except redraw all the textures with neutral lighting, which... Is a lot of work.

Tentei

ライトニング
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
miraigaara
this is simply fucking amazing.

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
ShenmueHD
Looking amazing guys! Thank you all for your efforts I really can't wait to give this a go!