Could this be the same guy? Would this card be shenmue 3?

When I saw that card prior to the release of Shenmue 3 I thought it could have been Baihu that was depicted there. That person from the old castle scene could be the person in that chapter card but had their role in the story demoted. The other character on the other side looks a lot like Yanlang and is also depicted in another chapter card, although I don’t remember which one, which would seem to imply if that is Yanlang that he would have also had a more important role than being a simple thug leader. At least those are my thoughts on it.

That QTE fighter is the same guy.

This is the craziest idea to me.

index.php

Credit to Seygeynest for the image.

I find the envoy and Zhu to be really suspicious.

No, it is clearly not the same guy. Because I believe it's a gal :ROFLMAO:.
To me it is Niao-Sun, that we can also see on chapter 5&6 picture, along with the Bailu mini-boss. I know the haircut differs, but could it be the same character...? We know that Niao-Sun was the next big character to appear around Guilin in the saga, even back in the day, from the S1 artworks and the Shenmue orchestra cover.

Attachments

• niao_sun_end_shenmueII.jpg
    niao_sun_end_shenmueII.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 1
Next to him on the card is Yanlang, isn't it?

Zhu was born in 1920, the photo of the imperial envoy was taken in 1910, so it can't be him. https://shenmue.fandom.com/wiki/Yuanda_Zhu
Yes that is definitely Yanlang He appears in the other chapter cards.. At first i thought that he was just another generic bruce lee character but upon close inspection i noticed a identical detail. If we look at the man in the chapter card. We can see he has a metal brace on his arm that looks exactly like the one yanlang has. It has to be him!!!Screenshots_2021-09-29-20-44-21.pngScreenshots_2021-09-29-20-45-48.png

Almost certainly the same dude. It'd be weird to build him up as one of Lan Di's henchmen, only for him to be booted in the face by Ren in a cutscene, though...which makes me think, if he ever had a bigger role to play, it must've been cut very early on, or not planned at all for this version of the story.

But it's very possible he was meant to be a "proper" character back in the VF RPG days.

Back