Chickens

I gave up trying to do the QTEs and just guessed for the first two tries. If you fail twice, the third QTE will be slowed down enough to actually press the button in time.

How do people get on with catching the chickens on the highest difficulty setting (I think it's called "Nightmare" mode)?

Playing on the PS4, I found I could only do it by pre-setting my thumb on on the X button, my forefinger on the square button, my mid-digit on the triangle button and my ring finger on the circle button in order to save on reaction time. After a while, it also occurred to me that there is an increased likelihood of the QTE following a successful catch being the same as the one preceding it. So if, for example, I caught a chicken using circle, I would then mash the circle button on the next chicken, and the chicken after that. Sometimes I could catch two or three in a row using this method, and this was the only way I was able to complete the task on Nightmare Mode.

I think they may have patched it now, though, to make it slightly easier.

How do people get on with catching the chickens on the highest difficulty setting (I think it's called "Nightmare" mode)?
I cheat. The button prompts flash progressively slower with each subsequent failure without a catch, so I’ll spam any old button the first time and then take it seriously the second time in the event that I guessed wrong. There’s more than enough time to fail each chicken twice and 1/4 of the time I guess right so it’s really not that bad. Of course, I’d prefer it if the prompts didn’t require super hero-like speed the first time around, but what can you do, eh?

Back