Bugs so far

I haven’t actually tried it yet surprisingly, but does diminishing the difficulty level have an effect on QTEs? Playing on normal now and they are so hard to hit. It becomes a matter of just remembering the sequence by failing and like @Peter says, it doesn’t make for an enjoyable experience. Could do with addressing it in a patch if possible.

I haven’t actually tried it yet surprisingly, but does diminishing the difficulty level have an effect on QTEs?

It appears not. The timing window is just too short currently and could benefit from extra half a second to full second increase.

Yep, i lowered the difficulty under the impression QTEs would become easier but they didn't. Then I just assumed that it's because I have gotten older, and suck at QTEs now.
I had a chat with some of the Dojo staff at the time and they suggested that it could be that it is intentional to fail, due to some of the funny outcomes. But there's no way I can believe that. Failing something in a game, making the player feel like an idiot and sucking the fun out of an element of a game, goes against what a game stands for. It's the anthesis of a videogame. I assumed that playtesters allowed the QTEs to stand, as I said, I just suck at them now.

I don't mind if they add time to the QTEs for lower difficulties, but I hope they don't do so for hard and especially the top difficulty.

I figure our reflexes are just not what they used to be when we were young. Now that we’re all old men we just can’t hit the buttons fast enough like we used to!
No way dude, I’ve gone back to Shenmue 2 since completing 3 and the QTE timings there 100% have more tolerance. 1 second Approx difference. It always felt like I hit the button prompt that split second too late, so 0.5 - 1 second adjustment would make QTE’s in 3 far more enjoyable.

Kinda wished we saw more of the Command QTE’s, really liked their use in 2.. hopeful for DLC.

Oh, I also got the Warp to Hotel at 9pm black screen. Only the one time though, but worried me every time after.

I had Dejing Hong disappear for about a week in game so forklifting was not available during that period. Don’t know if that’s a bug or... what.

& Had the double pay at hotel Niaowu multiple times, charged me before bed and again in the morning. (what kinda scam is she running lol).

Last edited:
But there's no way I can believe that. Failing something in a game, making the player feel like an idiot and sucking the fun out of an element of a game, goes against what a game stands for. It's the anthesis of a videogame. I assumed that playtesters allowed the QTEs to stand, as I said, I just suck at them now.

For me it just feels sloppy. Forget that the branching and optional QTE chases and events from first games are gone but there’s really no excuse to essentially make the QTE’s a matter of remembering button prompts than actual skill test.

I figure our reflexes are just not what they used to be when we were young. Now that we’re all old men we just can’t hit the buttons fast enough like we used to!

That’s a nonsense excuse. It doesn’t make sense I can get the QTE arcade title at highest level and clear top scores yet first fail the majority of my first time with the QTE prompts. Looking at other playthroughs this appears to universally happen and that’s down to timing window clearly not being thoroughly play tested in my opinion.

Last edited:
For me it just feels sloppy. Forget that the branching and optional QTE chases and events from first games are gone but there’s really no excuse to essentially make the QTE’s a matter of remembering button prompts than actual skill test.

That’s a nonsense excuse. It doesn’t make sense I can get the QTE arcade title at highest level and clear top scores yet first fail the majority of my first time with the QTE prompts. Looking at other playthroughs this appears to universally happen and that’s down to timing window clearly not being thoroughly play tested in my opinion.

The fallacy of the argument falls flat when in my example, I was able to play Excite QTE 3 in the arcade and get to ‘Super Expert’ level regularly and maintain this for some time without losing a life.

Surely you aren’t suggesting the arcade game which asks for same button inputs on its most challenging setting should be more forgiving than regular QTE’s? At best your pointing out how inconsistent the game is.

Can definitely agree with that, though I feel bad for Ryo for some of them lol :(

Back