Blu-Ray release for Shenners?

Is there a blu ray coming? I haven't watched the series yet because I hate streaming services and I'm holding out for a blur ray, but my hopes looking increasingly dashed as time goes on.
Straight up it comes down to SEGA and nothing is in the pipeline that we know of

I do not know if we get a BR release but I would purchase the discs for sure when they are out despite teh fact that I ahve watched the Anime a few time already on crunchyroll

With thse streamers pulling their animation shows for tax reasons I'm praying that we get a BR release, before somebody decides that the show is worth more as a write-off or some shyt.

As of this week, we are in the middle of the wude episodes on the latest network run in Japan...maybe once it finishes airing on live TV, we will get a release?

Wonder how the Sakura Wars and Phantasm Star Online anime did, seeing as they got physical releases...

With thse streamers pulling their animation shows for tax reasons I'm praying that we get a BR release, before somebody decides that the show is worth more as a write-off or some shyt.

If I'm not mistaken, I think they're not allowed to do this because the anime was released and already made money for them.

As of this week, we are in the middle of the wude episodes on the latest network run in Japan...maybe once it finishes airing on live TV, we will get a release?

Wonder how the Sakura Wars and Phantasm Star Online anime did, seeing as they got physical releases...

Ahh - I haven't been following the run in Japan, but perhaps that could be a reason why a blu-ray wasn't announced yet. A BR release seems like a no-brainer, but I imagine they'd have to have a good estimate on how well it would sell since there would be a minimum amount of discs to print for it to make sense financially.

Honestly SEGA woukd have to be dumb not to do a BR release. As far as I know Shenmue merchandise always sells well. I hope we get some variant bundles with the anime even a collectors edition.

Even if Sega don’t expect it to be a massive seller, they should just do a limited collector’s edition for those of us that want it. Also, it would be great for it to be available to stream on Amazon. I’d happily pay for both physical and digital releases.

I'm curious if the recent news regarding a 2nd Season will also mean difficulty for the 1st Season to be put into DVD/Blu-Ray. Clearly I can't rely on the series being available online as Adult Swim have already shown (and taken away!)

I've seen an unofficial release cropped up on ebay but know subtitles can be rendered poorly on such releases... but really I want the series in 1080p like shown on streaming channels.

I'm curious if the recent news regarding a 2nd Season will also mean difficulty for the 1st Season to be put into DVD/Blu-Ray. Clearly I can't rely on the series being available online as Adult Swim have already shown (and taken away!)

I've seen an unofficial release cropped up on ebay but know subtitles can be rendered poorly on such releases... but really I want the series in 1080p like shown on streaming channels.
Yes, I desperately want 1080p options for owning the series. I’m not sure how much longer I want to be subscribing to Crunchyroll if, as I strongly suspect, they are one of the key obstacles preventing a second season being made.

What are the current odds for a blu-ray release? Having this series in limbo or dead is bad enough, but not even a blu-ray release is depressing. It is tough being a Shenmue fan sometimes. Not enough things to buy and support!

Too many people at different parties, unwilling to make substantial easy money with us, the Shenmue community. Is compelling and absurd, grotesque. And vile too.

Back