Backer exclusive jacket for Ryo looks amazing. Who's going to switch to it ?

Will you switch to the backers exclusive jacket ?

• Total voters
ingame_reward_09ookzy.jpg

Felt like it deserved its own thread to appreciate that greatness + a poll to vote.
So, who's going to switch ? :")

I think that during my first playthrough I will keep the original look and any potential ingame change, but in my second play on a higher difficulty/trophy hunt I will use it for sure. It is super dope

I'll certainly give it a go. Maybe switch between them.

Looks class

I'm getting the jacket...but it will remain in my sealed $ 300 copy.

For playing, I'll be using the $ 80 phone card version for PC.

Last edited:
The dark one is absolutely neat but second playthrough only. The classic jacket is too legendary to switch.

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't look right, does it? It is too light. While I will stick to the OG jacket on my first playthrough for consistency and also the legendary status Ryo's brown tiger jacket has, this will probably be my go-to jacket for most subsequent playthroughs. It just looks fabulous and will also be a great reminder of how we as a fan community brought Shenmue back to life.

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't look right, does it? It is too light. While I will stick to the OG jacket on my first playthrough for consistency and also the legendary status Ryo's brown tiger jacket has, this will probably be my go-to jacket for most subsequent playthroughs. It just looks fabulous and will also be a great reminder of how we as a fan community brought Shenmue back to life.

Yup, don’t know who’s designing Ryo Hazuki, he definitely still needs an upgrade to be on par with the quality of others like Lan Di. At least there’s another option of jacket though, just in case...

Last edited:
I really don't like it. He looks like an extra from GREASE.

I think this is the part of the "50% new ideas", that I don't like. I'd like the option to maybe have no jacket, or to be able to change his tee etc. This is just not in keeping with the series, where would he have even got that jacket from in the Shenmue world?

Back