Killer Instinct
Comix Zone
Pop n' Twinbee
Super Star Wars
Streets of Rage
Sonic The Hedgehog
Super Mario World
BroForce

15's overkill in't it? I mean desert island discs is 8 albums! Besides that I don't even think I've played that many 16-bit games in my life.

I thought at first that 15 is quite a lot but actually after I posted my list a few more sprang to mind immediately. I understand if you didn't really play them but there are so so many great titles spanning across Genesis, SNES etc and so many still hold up today. I'm shocked you've played so few given your age, you missed out! I'd like to see other people's lists as I always like to add to my collection and sure there's loads I still haven't tried.

Streets of Rage 2
Turtles In Time
Shining Force
Sonic CD
Comix Zone
Dungeons & Dragons Warriors of the Eternal Sun
NHLPA Hockey 93
Golden Axe
Columns
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat 2
Rocket Knight Adventures
Mario Paint
VectorMan

These are not necessarily my favourite games, but it would be a good variety to keep me busy.

I thought at first that 15 is quite a lot but actually after I posted my list a few more sprang to mind immediately. I understand if you didn't really play them but there are so so many great titles spanning across Genesis, SNES etc and so many still hold up today. I'm shocked you've played so few given your age, you missed out! I'd like to see other people's lists as I always like to add to my collection and sure there's loads I still haven't tried.

By limiting the scope though it becomes genuinely thought-provoking and leads to more interesting answers. That's the point behind the whole desert island thing. Otherwise it's "name as many Mega Drive-era games you love as possible"

15 is a limit, I'm not asking people to name as many games as possible at all, you just made it that. Do you know how many games there are between just the SNES and Megadrive? You don't have to name 15 and 15 really isn't a huge amount given the choice of games available. I don't think lowering the number necessarily makes for more interesting answers in this instance.

Do you know how many albums there are in the last eight years?

The point is that 15 max out of x amount is not that large and allows for a fair variety. Lessening the max amount of picks does not give more interesting answers in this instance does it? I understand if you haven't played 15 games but I'm not saying people have to name 15, just no more than.

I know that desert discs is 8 albums and that's just fine. Sorry if you've taken issue with it.

Yeah 15 is way too many. On Desert Island Discs you get what 7 or 8 songs? 1 game has a lot more content than a single song so you shouldn't really need that many for a good version of this game.

I'll give you 1 SNES exclusive, 1 Genesis exclusive, and 1 multiplat. Maybe 2 for each of those categories if you're really indecisive. Also picking the 6-pak or any kind of stuff like that is not allowed. Another option is to pick between either Genesis or Super Nintendo and you get around 3 games for just that system. Let's say 5 is the upper limit for that option.

My picks are Sonic the Hedgehog, Dragon Quest 5, and Earthworm Jim.

Streets of Rage 2
Turtles In Time
Shining Force
Sonic CD
Comix Zone
Dungeons & Dragons Warriors of the Eternal Sun
NHLPA Hockey 93
Golden Axe
Columns
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat 2
Rocket Knight Adventures
Mario Paint
VectorMan

These are not necessarily my favourite games, but it would be a good variety to keep me busy.
I love Vector man, the graphics looked so good at the time and gameplay was solid. I went back to Golden Axe recently but didn't enjoy it as much as I remembered, Streets of Rage is still great though, been playing all 3 online Co op on the collection for ps4.

I love way too many to narrow it down that small...

I know
Yeah 15 is way too many. On Desert Island Discs you get what 7 or 8 songs? 1 game has a lot more content than a single song so you shouldn't really need that many for a good version of this game.

I'll give you 1 SNES exclusive, 1 Genesis exclusive, and 1 multiplat. Maybe 2 for each of those categories if you're really indecisive. Also picking the 6-pak or any kind of stuff like that is not allowed. Another option is to pick between either Genesis or Super Nintendo and you get around 3 games for just that system. Let's say 5 is the upper limit for that option.

My picks are Sonic the Hedgehog, Dragon Quest 5, and Earthworm Jim.
I know I played earth worm Jim on the Snes but really can't recall if it was any good!

Ristar
Streets of Rage 3/Bare Knuckle 3 (preferably the latter, since it's better)
Rocket Knight Adventures
Turtles in Time
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Shinobi 3
Snatcher
Gunstar Heroes
Clock Tower

Any 16-bit mix and match?

1. Super Metroid (SNES)
2. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of War (SFC)
3. Streets of Rage 3 (MD)
4. Super Shinobi (MD)
5. Chaos Seed (SFC)
6. Herzog Zwei (MD)
7. Super Mario World (SNES)
8. Snatcher (Sega-CD)
9. Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold (MD)
10. Hyper Street Fighter II (SNES)
11. Alien Soldier (MD)
12. Contra: Hard Corps (MD)
13. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES)
14. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine)
15. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)

It took me more thought than I expected, as I wanted to cover all bases, from platformers to strategy. Others I simply chose for their soundtrack, just in case there are no other form of music I gonna listen to on a desert island.

@Sean9014 It's fine, I just think the entire point behind desert island discs is lost on you, and the topic could've been so much more than another "top x" thread.

@Rakim Nah it's albums.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Shinobi III
Thunder Force IV
Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Super Mario World
Turtles in Time
Super Castlevania IV
Mega Man X

@Sean9014 It's fine, I just think the entire point behind desert island discs is lost on you, and the topic could've been so much more than another "top x" thread.

@Rakim Nah it's albums.
Not at all, I get the concept of that but it wasn't the intention here, like it wasn't intentionally meant to be a really difficult choices thing. For some people 15 would be too many, for some it's still quite hard to narrow down. It's all good.

Back