110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I couldn't agree more!! Or even just a way to purchase it. I'd love to see it.
There's a thing: only Shenmue fans will purchase it.
But streamed it has the chance of reaching wide audience. One of the person waching it could be a Midas King, wondering where to spend money on.
And the answer for that millionare is revealed: dont fund war, fund Shenmue fgs

at this point I don't think anything will happen until the release of Wanted Dead (February 2023).
But even then, I hope there will be something for us, being Shenmue 4 or a brand new YSNet game.

I really hope they didn't played with the fanbase like...

311340_20200503085314_1.png

When asked if they can share anything to cheer up Shenmue fans after the anime news he said: "Nothing that we can say"

Then when asked about the apple and banana tweet + straight up asked to deny they are working on S4 he said "I love fruit."
lol that's pretty cool. Especially the fruit response

Let's wait until Wanted Dead is released and Air Twister has run its course. Hopefully then, we'll know a bit more

When asked if they can share anything to cheer up Shenmue fans after the anime news he said: "Nothing that we can say"

Then when asked about the apple and banana tweet + straight up asked to deny they are working on S4 he said "I love fruit."

“Nothing we can say” doesn’t sound too promising.
I'm probably overdosed on hopium right now, but I took that to mean "Nothing we're allowed to say".
And nobody can wrong you out. It may work for both cases but my gut goes with "not allowed" too. But that's just gut feel you know, its good have someone to put us on ground.

And really people, season 2 gets cancelled, Sega releases logo pin, wth?
Isnt it tight timing. I CANT UNDERSTAND YOU KEEP LOOKING AT APPLES AND BANANAS while ignoring the PIN. sorry for yelling.

I mean, I hardly expect them to announce or confirm anything off the cuff just because somebody asked in a Q&A.

A non-committal answer like that is more positive than them ignoring the question, or flat out dismissing the rumours.

They easily could have said ‘we have no involvement with any Shenmue project’. They are being very precise with their wording not to dismiss the possibility of Shenmue 4 (and their involvement with it).

Something is going on. Yes, there’s a few thousand of us that are frustrated that it won’t be 100% confirmed right this moment, but there will be a proper reveal when it is the appropriate time.

Look at how furious Rockstar were when GTA6 was revealed prematurely. These things need to be done correctly. For now, we get fairly persistent teases.

"Nothing we can say" is about as positive as a statement we'll get. They continue the teases, rather than issue flat denials of "no plans at this time."

Their focus is on Wanted: Dead and they want to have a successful launch with that game.

We know that Shenmue is a more niche game, but it does have a certain amount of hype that could detract from Wanted, especially considering E3 2015 and the anime making it more of a known series.

My guess is Shenmue IV is either in pre-development or active development, but this new company seems very intent on things close to the vest.

If Sergei is a big fan of Shenmue, he is probably well aware of the problems that Shenmue III faced by having to be in the public eye so early on due to demands, etc.

Best to allow them to work on it 'til something is ready to be shown, rather than show preliminary stuff to get something out there.

If it does exist and 110 is helping out, I expect the initial announcement trailer to be far beyond anything we saw for III in the early stages.

I dont think any of this suggests that there is actually anything going on.
You can look at it from any side you want, you can interpret it in any way you want.
Theres no proof for or against it.
110 Industries not denying that there is something going on,
can mean that there is something going or that there simply is nothing going on.
Maybe they dont want to deny it because they are working on something with Yu but its not S4.
Yu Suzuki commenting that he doesnt know of any 110 Industries S4 involvement
or that there even is a S4,
can mean that hes lying to keep the surprise or hes simply saying the truth.
Maybe 110 Industries has some special deal with Ys Net and thats why they refuse
to show us real facts but on the other hand,
its the publisher that is making the rules on who is allowed to say what and not the devs ...

Like literally there is zero proof for anything. Any guess is as good as any other.
This is more like a drinking game right now

I would love to be hyped about some actual S4 development hints
but all of this 110 Industries stuff is just random guesswork.
It could mean anything or nothing at all.

Last edited:
Back