110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Now would be the time to insert the gif of a 'martial artist' testing their mettle by being kicked in the groin over and over and over.

Just feels awful we got the anime and all the goodwill and momentum from that, straight into the teases from 110 tying into the final episodes and now nothing but silence since then. My brain can't fathom why they would bother to make an anime to an unconcluded game series then seemingly not continue with that either. Like what is the endgame for Sega and this franchise because it feels like plate spinning at the minute, except someone forgot to spin them and they all fell off. Feels worse than before because you could understand Sega were broke after Shenmue 2 and the DC but the good momentum is being wasted right now. Nearly 3 years since Shenmue III's release and it's very sad we are seemingly more in the dark than before.
I can't help but agree with this, its actually maddening. We deserve to know what the future plans for this series are, and there is just no transparency whatsoever.

I can't believe Warner is involved in the anime hiatus (because thats what it is)
Do you think the artists are goin to stay quiet? Probably they're already on the move to sell the anime to another company.
Warner was very cool with Animaniacs and Marsupilami but now they are impostors, an evil doppelganger.
In the other hand, maybe this is reach Yu-san and when he know that his kids are devastated by this he may spill a bean or two about Shenmue 4.
Now would be the time to insert the gif of a 'martial artist' testing their mettle by being kicked in the groin over and over and over.
A Dojo fellow wish is my command, but Im doing it in pain and without will atm.
Everybody-Kung-Fu-Fighting-Game-Digital-Graffiti-PS1-Cancelled-3.gif

I can't help but agree with this, its actually maddening. We deserve to know what the future plans for this series are, and there is just no transparency whatsoever.
It is certainly maddening - and apologies if i'm just being pedantic/ being a dick- but I wouldn't quite go as far as to say that we 'deserve' to know. Let's not venture into crazy fan levels of entitlement. Of course I want to know, and for marketing sake, it probably is in the franchise's best interest to keep stoking the fire and knowing what will shift units, but we are just end users, we have no say whatsoever. For S3 it was different, investors deserved to know, but for S4, demanding info is like picketing to know the ingredients of Nestle's next potential chocolate bar (that hasn't even been announced).

Let's start with hope and friendly enquiries. Fingers crossed for Magic Monaco.

Sorry - I've had a few.

Last edited:
New date for 110 Industries. It only mentions Wanted: Dead and nothing about Red Goes Faster (supposedly the one with Yu-san involved).
I hope they finally show up something playable, because this is giving me the vaporware + profiting on social media revenues feeling.

Please, correct any wrong point. Let's stick to cold mindset and facts.
- As fanbase, we've been in worst scenarios (rember pre-Shen3 "at least a novelization ending" days).
- Unargably, the anime existence played a major booster for gettin game sequels.
- So its actual cancellation hurts our expectantions for those sequels.

However, it doesn't inmediatly translates into a death sentence.
- Moves and statements related to Shenmue 4 started before the anime being a thing.
- In Yu Suzuki's own words, he stated desires of doing fantasy themed game, retro shooter, retro racing and a mistery "coming back/fighting" title sounding totally Shenmue. Air Twister fills the fantasy and shooter theme, and Red Goes Faster should be the racing game.

We better not loose our sight, this sad event may as well be a window opportunity: if something is cooking, we are gonna hear something.
Excuse my grammar, Im tired.

Please, correct any wrong point. Let's stick to cold mindset and facts.
- As fanbase, we've been in worst scenarios (rember pre-Shen3 "at least a novelization ending" days).
- Unargably, the anime existence played a major booster for gettin game sequels.
- So its actual cancellation hurts our expectantions for those sequels.

However, it doesn't inmediatly translates into a death sentence.
- Moves and statements related to Shenmue 4 started before the anime being a thing.
- In Yu Suzuki's own words, he stated desires of doing fantasy themed game, retro shooter, retro racing and a mistery "coming back/fighting" title sounding totally Shenmue. Air Twister fills the fantasy and shooter theme, and Red Goes Faster should be the racing game.

We better not loose our sight, this sad event may as well be a window opportunity: if something is cooking, we are gonna hear something.
Excuse my grammar, Im tired.

I feel everything you said and can agree but here's the thing Shenmue at some point has to score a win. In 2013 I came to grips that Shenmue 3 wasn't gonna happen and then in 2015 Shenmue 3 was announced. When Shenmue 3 was announced I genuinely didn't believe it because we've been fooled so many times before. I logged on to the Dojo to confirm its existence and the rest was history. That hype and momentum was insane we funded the game in less than 10 hours. I didn't see that coming.

As massive a win as Shenmue 3 was we paid for it. We have to ride the momentum, we can't go back into hibernation again, I was 14 or 15 waiting on Shenmue 3 now I'm 35 waiting on Shenmue 4😂. Eventually we gotta push through I don't want to be in a senior home going crazy about Shenmue 4 announcement.

So appreciative of Demarco for everything he's done for Shenmue and the anime. I he stated in his tweet that maybe one day but respectfully it has to be today. If they won't do it when the show has momentum and performed beyond expectations why would they double back years from now when everyone except us has forgotten? Maybe Sega or someone else will step in relatively soon. Im not saying all this to be negative just at some point we gotta deliver the goods. Other games don't wait this long to announce sequels hype and momentum are your friends for creating and selling games. Let's get Shenmue 4👊

It is certainly maddening - and apologies if i'm just being pedantic/ being a dick- but I wouldn't quite go as far as to say that we 'deserve' to know. Let's not venture into crazy fan levels of entitlement. Of course I want to know, and for marketing sake, it probably is in the franchise's best interest to keep stoking the fire and knowing what will shift units, but we are just end users, we have no say whatsoever. For S3 it was different, investors deserved to know, but for S4, demanding info is like picketing to know the ingredients of Nestle's next potential chocolate bar (that hasn't even been announced).

Let's start with hope and friendly enquiries. Fingers crossed for Magic Monaco.

Sorry - I've had a few.
Nah, you're fine - I'll admit that was an emotional reaction on my part earlier today. It's just incredibly frustrating to be so in the dark again, the anime felt like a back up in case more games were not possible, and now even that is now not certain. I guess hope and persistence is all we have right now.

Back