110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Is that Blade Runner post even real? I see it was originally posted to some site I’d never heard of, then reposted elsewhere.
It's guess it's kinda not official yet. Tom Henderson is a known leaker (who is usually correct. Normally focuses on EA/Dice Battlefield stuff), so I guess it's kind of a leak lol.

110 Industries Twitter X
Sony State of Play X
Summer Games Fest X
Future Game Show X
Xbox Showcase X
PC Game Show X

We still got the Capcom stream tomorrow for giga omega huge surprises.
Surely 110 Industries is somehow going to be featured there

copiumsim.gif
f387b1b656829e5fce65a07e43449df4.gif

hahahaha

haha

aha

This not-E3 has been kind of a flop for me personally, though I'm excited to see more of REmake4 at the Capcom stream today.

I wouldn't consider it a total flop, but it's definitely solidified that 2022 is going to be a pretty dry year.

The only real heavy-hitter coming this year is God of War and recent rumblings peg even it to slip to 2023. I don't think Forspoken will hit it's 2022 date, either. It won't compete with CoD in the same month, so I expect another delay.

Last of Us Part I looks great, but I don't see myself double dipping. The original remaster was fine for me.

Modern Warfare II is the only thing on the horizon, but it sells gangbusters no matter what happens.

All of the recent Street Fighter 6 news/leaks has taken my attention. Had to check back in now to see if any more hints to Shenmue IV....nope. :(

It is possible that Yu asked them to hold off on any Shenmue IV announcement so Air Twister could have a chance to succeed. I mean if they announced Shenmue IV at the same time, nobody would talk about Air Twister.
I don’t think there is as much of an issue there as people think. Realistically, Air Twister is a low(er) budget phone game that isn’t going to have much marketing to begin with. Plus, companies market multiple games at once all the time, such as Final Fantasy 16 and Forspoken, both coming out next year.

I’ve said this before I think, but the only thing 110 Industries “announced” was including Yu Suzuki in a promo video a year ago. Everything else is responses or likes to social media comments. I don’t think they’re guilty of much, though certainly if they’re not working with YS at this point their continued silence is a bit weird.

The Apple and banana tweet was weird, but they never said it had anything to do with us or Shenmue. Their social media basically ignored Shenmue and Yu Suzuki til I kicked the bees nest.

The way I see it, a well funded company seems to like and respect Yu Suzuki. They also appear to like to back kind of unique Japanese games. I’d hope we keep them feelin positive about Shenmue.

I hope Shenmue IV comes much sooner, but in the birthday picture of Yu Suzuki I believe his mug had the Year of the Snake. Others mentioned the 4 was crooked. Shenmue IV 2025? Most likely he was just given that mug as present in 2013 though :D

I don’t think there is as much of an issue there as people think. Realistically, Air Twister is a low(er) budget phone game that isn’t going to have much marketing to begin with. Plus, companies market multiple games at once all the time, such as Final Fantasy 16 and Forspoken, both coming out next year.
I think it's a different situation here, where there's a real risk of the prestige of "Yu Suzuki's next game" getting sunk in Shenmue IV rumours.

Then again, it also provided fertile ground ahead of Air Twister's unveiling by creating some natural curiosity about what YsNet was doing next, so to what extent any of this is accidental is... unknown.

What are your estimates for when we'll see the Shenmue announcement? (Please don't say couple of weeks. Thanks.)

What are your estimates for when we'll see the Shenmue announcement? (Please don't say couple of weeks. Thanks.)

Im going with Tokyo Game Show, which i think is end of September

If its not there, I'll be concerned. That said, it is very wise for suzuki to only reveal the game when its in a complete state to avoid any issues like the kickstarter.

Honestly though, Shenmue and suzuki projects tend to come out of nowhere when we least suspect it, so i wouldnt be surprised if we all give up hope and then, Bam, it gets announced.

Back