110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Well it seems from the beginning they wanted to keep the reveal date secret. Dunno why, and without another hint, it will be a surprise. That could arrive any day now. State of play, June 4th, Summer game fest or Ign Expo.

The latter advertised this kind of contents, mixing AAA games, small games, DLC...

Screenshot_20220602-223302_Chrome.jpg

Perhaps Air Twister could have been the reason for them delaying that "couple of weeks" announcement.
Maybe they found out shortly after posting that tweet that Air Twister was coming up and they didn't want to overshadow it.
110's CEO was visiting Tokyo not long after the tweet and he may have realised the AT announcement wasn't far off.
Just a thought.

Do not expect anything on June 10th. And also, don't read too much into them liking Shenmue responses. They like practically everything.

I'm sure Shenmue 4 will come, but now is not the time, especially since all eyes should be on Air Twister.
Except all eyes can't be on air twister with the platform it's on :ROFLMAO:

If Apple gave Yu the money to make a new IP then it being on Apple Arcade makes no never mind.
The fact is, Yu is making another game. This is good news.

And from what I understood from someone else on here (sorry, I forget the name!), Apple are quite lenient in regards to exclusivity, so we could see it end up on other platforms eventually. It could just be timed.

Personally I'll be supporting the release whether I like Apple Arcade or not. Supporting Yu's games is important, especially as they have been few and far between over the last 20 years.

Last edited:
If Apple gave Yu the money to make a new IP then it being on Apple Arcade makes no never mind.
The fact is, Yu is making another game. This is good news.

And from what I understood from someone else on here (sorry, I forget the name!), Apple are quite lenient in regards to exclusivity, so we could see it end up on other platforms eventually. It could just be timed.

Personally I'll be supporting the release whether I like Apple Arcade or not. Supporting Yu's games is important, especially as they have been few and far between over the last 20 years.
I've gone in and got Apple TV for it. 2nd hand and I have a sub for 5 months from when I bought my TV and I wanted to play the game.

Worth it IMO.

Even if Apple allows putting the stuff on other platforms later,
wouldnt that mean that they have to find a new publisher for it?
Because surely Apple wont release anything on PS, Xbox or Steam?
Theres no other company listed other than Ys Net and Apple, which means
they made the game for Apple. I know that there are Apple Arcade games on Steam BUT
Apple is not the publisher there. And not all Apple Arcade games are on Steam.
Ys Net could publish it themselves but they have to do it all on their own. (Xbox & PS very unlikely)
So its not impossible but i wouldnt say its gonna happen 100%.

Oh well, looking forward to the new Outrun game coming exclusively to the Google Stadia, Sword of Vermilion 2 coming exclusively to the Apple Pippin and Shenmue IV coming to exclusively to the Ninja Foodi 15 in 1.
Shenmue: 0 For the Soulja Boy Advance!

It’s not ideal, but first lets see if the game is worth getting upset about. I’m glad the studio’s making something again. I guess this is how folks without PS4s or Epic felt.

I remember an article about studios like Ys Net being approached by Google Stadia and the deals all falling apart. I guess this was in the works for a while. I’m positive a good deal of the games on the Arcade are available elsewhere, in any case. I’ve seen quite a few of them on other markets, like Steam.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that it doesn't hurt to let Ys Net know there's demand for the game on other platforms in the event it isn't contractually tied to Apple devices permanently.
You can literally just copy-paste "I want Air Twister on console and/or PC" and send it if you're a lazy cunt. It's better than nothing. Probably.

Nah. Probably a digital release so YsNet can quite easily self-publish.
I was trying to find the publisher for Air Twister the other day hoping it wasn't Apple themselves, and noticed Gematsu, Giantbomb, and IGN all listed Ys Net as the publisher.
That's one hurdle down if true.

Oh well, looking forward to the new Outrun game coming exclusively to the Google Stadia, Sword of Vermilion 2 coming exclusively to the Apple Pippin and Shenmue IV coming to exclusively to the Ninja Foodi 15 in 1.
Shenmue: 0 For the Soulja Boy Advance!
@LemonHaze @spud1897 can we get a fucking horrified "Like" emoji? None of these current options are doing it for me.

Even if Apple allows putting the stuff on other platforms later,
wouldnt that mean that they have to find a new publisher for it?

It's been known to happen. Beyond a Steel Sky started as an Apple Arcade exclusive then got digital and retail releases 6-to-12 months later, published by Microids. I have to imagine a company like Limited Run would be more than happy to release Air Twister if it comes to other platforms.

@LemonHaze @spud1897 can we get a fucking horrified "Like" emoji? None of these current options are doing it for me.
n7fAUtr.png

Ehhh doesn’t seem like a YS game… I give up! at least we know they’re going to TGS and are announcing new games? I dunno.

Last edited:
Back