110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

There gonna go much more bombastic in this and Shenmue IV doesn't have rhe hype level to be there.

I don't like sayng that, but if the rumors of the Konami thing are true, plus FF7 Part 2, it doesn't have the stage presence anymore for the Showcase. Not with the overall reception of III being fairly lukewarm.

Summer Games Fest is more likely, though it *could* appear at a State of Play. Those are smaller events and it could accentuate one of those nicely.

Some relevant songs. You can choose one according to your level of hope.

1Dm4.gif

If there isn't at least some small teaser from Yu Suzuki or the publishers, don't expect anything on the Playstation direct.

Overall, it is unlikely that Shenmue will be announced at State of play. This is a show for the mainstream and hardcore PS fans. I would bet that if they are going to announce something, they will make sure it is not with other big names from the Sony catalog. Maybe directly on social media or at some smaller event to have a bigger impact.

If there isn't at least some small teaser from Yu Suzuki or the publishers, don't expect anything on the Playstation direct.

Overall, it is unlikely that Shenmue will be announced at State of play. This is a show for the mainstream and hardcore PS fans. I would bet that if they are going to announce something, they will make sure it is not with other big names from the Sony catalog. Maybe directly on social media or at some smaller event to have a bigger impact.
I still expect a staged leak. But I will love if Yu-san tweets "s" today, "h" tomorrow and so on.

To be honest, I’m not expecting anything Shenmue-related from the PlayStation State of Play. I’m not sure such an announcement would stand up to the level of hype for their blockbuster titles such as Spider-Man 2 etc. I hope, if anything is being worked on, it will be multi-platform this time around (including for the new Nintendo hardware if it’s up to the task). However, I can’t help thinking Yu Suzuki could do something truly special with the PSVR2 (Shenmue-related or otherwise). We continue to dream 🙏

From the rumblings I'm seeing amongst the usual(mostly credible) sources in the hours leading up to the Showcase, there's no way Shenmue IV is gonna show up at this thing.

I know it's a tough pill, but it's gonna be COMPLETELY overshadowed if even a *little* of the stuff starting to trickle out is truly there.

Summer Games Fest, State of Play or Gamescom. Not this Showcase. Happy to br wrong, but there's apparently way too many big guns for Shenmue to get any presence.

Shenmue IV isn't going to get announced this year anyways.
I think if Shenmue 4 doesnt get announced by the end of this year; chances of ever being announced will be very slim.
I believe that the ideal time frame to announce a sequel is 3 years at maximum.
I will keep faith nevertheless even if it doesnt get announced this year; but if another year goes by and Ys Net or Yu Suzuki doesnt make any type of announcement by 2025; I think it is best for the community for Yu Suzuki to say once and for that it is the end for the series.

I don't believe for one minute that Yu Suzuki will keep us hanging and he will surely update us at some point, even if it's bad news. He will explore every avenue to get the story out to us, somehow, I hope. I just don't see Shenmue IV happening, at least at the moment. Our main hope is probably 110 Industries.

I think if Shenmue 4 doesnt get announced by the end of this year; chances of ever being announced will be very slim.
I believe that the ideal time frame to announce a sequel is 3 years at maximum.
I will keep faith nevertheless even if it doesnt get announced this year; but if another year goes by and Ys Net or Yu Suzuki doesnt make any type of announcement by 2025; I think it is best for the community for Yu Suzuki to say once and for that it is the end for the series.
Agree about the 3 years. 3-4 years is the usual time it takes between game sequels. 5+ years is more for massive AAA open-world games which really shouldn’t apply to a game like Shenmue 4. If it’s happening, we should be hearing something soon.

They really showed an OLD movietrailer during a showcase 😅

There once was a phrase thrown around about "Arrogant Sony" and I have to agree it reared it's ugly head here.

Sony has over TWENTY first party studios and we saw almost nothing from them. Spider Man looks good, but it didn't even get a definitive date.

There wasn't a single bombastic thing shown at the Showcase. I mean to say that throughout history, Showcases have been non-stop heavy hitters in both first and third party.

Nearly everything here was given vague dates or was better suited to Sony's lesser-fanfare State of Plays.

Metal Gear Solid remake is okay, but is pretty clearly a long way away. We don't even know who is developing it, if Kojima is involved, nothing.

Street Fighter VI and FF16 are out in weeks(and we've seen PLENTY UPON PLENTY on those two) and the rest was an overwhelming smattering of indie games which I question such a heavy presence of them in, again, a *Showcase*.

Shenmue IV would've fit in here and arguably been a lift amidst what I saw. I applaud indie games, but there was too much of it here; it didn't belong.

The Gran Turismo trailer was just horrible. No place for that.

Yu Suzuki was clear in the Shenmue III credits about what he wants to do in the future about the Shenmue series, Yu-san even said that he will never give up on his own personal journey to complete its story. Yu-san is probably trying everything he can to make Shenmue IV.

Shenmue.jpg

I still have hope that Shenmue IV will be announced this year, but if we don't get any news this year and in 2024 then i will start to get worried about the future of the Shenmue series in game format.

I don't know if we're going to have good news or bad news, but i believe Yu-san will make an update about the situation at the right time.

Am I the only person confused by all the hate for the Song conference? Granted, I didn't fully watch it, but it sounds like a good selection of games from what I read? Alan Wake 2! Dragon's Dogma 2, Spiderman 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake and so on.

I guess people are getting sick of remakes and MGS3 was the worst kept secret ever, since it already leaked, but it's still pretty exciting.

Metal gear solid 3 barely ran on the ps2, so it's great to finally see it again. It's my favorite out of the 3 I've played.

Reactions: red
Back