110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this adds up to something brewing and in my opinion, it has to be Shenmue IV.

The anime has been well received, trending on Twitter, having events around it. Shenmue III's reveal smashed Kickstarter and arguably, forced Sega to acknowledge it's series and release I&II for a new audience.

We now have everything that talks about Shenmue IV being liked on Twitter, Yu Suzuki is front and center for 110i for reasons thus far unknown.

Why is the domain still down? What is going on? Is Sega collaborating? Did they literally *sell* the license to 110i? Speculation abounds.

I dont think Sega is gonna sell something like that as a whole.
I mean, wouldnt that be almost like Sega telling Yu Suzuki that they dont believe in this IP anymore?
Like 'okay lets just get rid of it.'
It would mean that we are never going to hear anything about Shenmue games ever again from Sega.
So even if the coming products would turn out great, Sega would forever look like the bad guys
because they didnt care about the game series.
And all of that for what? I doubt that the IP is worth dozens of millions of dollars.

The market is there. It's proven. Just vindicate us, 110!!

There a market with the right budget and direction. I believe there a rumor circulating that Yu wants 20M for Shenmue and I think thats fair. I don't know much about gane development but 20M without alot of assets already in place should be a big boast for the franchise.

There a market with the right budget and direction. I believe there a rumor circulating that Yu wants 20M for Shenmue and I think thats fair. I don't know much about gane development but 20M without alot of assets already in place should be a big boast for the franchise.
I don't wanna get my hopes up, maybe I missed something but...

It's just after what BruceWayne911 said and seeing that seems more then a coincidence. I'm still not gonna get too ahead of myself though lol. It could be something different.
We can only wait and see. It won't be long before they make that "big announcement."

Those are investment funds and budget capital boosts to get the company going
and reach the next steps. Its more like a proof that they have money to work with
and that they are able to survive.
That doesnt mean that they are gonna use that for one single project or a specific project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back