Random Shenmue Thoughts

Sorry @Jesse, it was a case of thought writting. Yeah Rick the guy from the pawnshop tv reality. Whenever he had something fishy in hands, he went over his employee and he always said that.
"I don't know Rick... It looks fake".

Sorry @Jesse, it was a case of thought writting. Yeah Rick the guy from the pawnshop tv reality. Whenever he had something fishy in hands, he went over his employee and he always said that.
"I don't know Rick... It looks fake".
Oh okay lol it's all good Seaman

Ryo Fist Bump.png

s2-capsule.jpg
What set is this missing dural a part of? VF2 or Kids or ??? I can't seem to find it any where in teh capsule machines

Probably the Kids Dural C (Clear)

Pretty damn rare and harder than Dural Gold* (although not harder than finding DURAL GOLD in Yokosuka), but i have gacha'd multiple times at the machine next to three blades street in front of the general store IIRC. Once in front of Ren's Hideout in Kowloon where I lost the save haha

*Honestly, between the lucky hit board in a building (can't eve recall top of mind) in Kowloon or several toy capsules in Aberdeen or Wan Chai; Shenmue 2 makes finding Dural Gold so easy i don't even really try much in Ch 1 haha. Better to focus moreso on the other rare raffle items.

Complete VF sets, even without Kids Dural C or Gold, the VF sets fetch a really great price at either Accounts Settled or Wise Men's pawnshops

Probably the Kids Dural C (Clear)

Pretty damn rare and harder than Dural Gold* (although not harder than finding DURAL GOLD in Yokosuka), but i have gacha'd multiple times at the machine next to three blades street in front of the general store IIRC. Once in front of Ren's Hideout in Kowloon where I lost the save haha

*Honestly, between the lucky hit board in a building (can't eve recall top of mind) in Kowloon or several toy capsules in Aberdeen or Wan Chai; Shenmue 2 makes finding Dural Gold so easy i don't even really try much in Ch 1 haha. Better to focus moreso on the other rare raffle items.

Complete VF sets, even without Kids Dural C or Gold, the VF sets fetch a really great price at either Accounts Settled or Wise Men's pawnshops
Thanks for the info. I got the clear one on the first try when I just went to the one in front of Ren's hideout. 0_0
But I must say, the capsule collecting thing is something that I really don't like in Shenmue... It's so tedious... And trying to complete the collection is sooo boring
Now Im looking for this one. I assume its in the SEGA set? :
s2-capsule2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I got the clear one on the first try when I just went to the one in front of Ren's hideout. 0_0
But I must say, the capsule collecting thing is something that I really don't like in Shenmue... It's so tedious... And trying to complete the collection is sooo boring
Now Im looking for this one. I assume its in the SEGA set? :
View attachment 18300
Looks like Panzer Dragoon.

Should be in the non-Sonic Sega machine. Somewhat rare, but not impossible in either game.

Looks like Panzer Dragoon.

Should be in the non-Sonic Sega machine. Somewhat rare, but not impossible in either game.
I found that one in the SEGA machine finally. Now Im missing 2 scrolls here. I think the 3rd green one is the one Xiuying gives him. :disrelieved:
s2-scrolls.jpg

Ok I think I heard that those 2 are in lucky hit stands. Totally missed them.

I found this channel recently, the guy has some really cool videos on Ryo breaking his Shenmue 1 curfew and wandering around after midnight. The videos are relaxing, informative and occasionally funny because Ryo can come off as a bit of a voyeur at times, lurking over people as they make their way into their apartments late at night.

Some interesting things I found out from this channel include: 1. Ryo can still make calls despite skipping curfew. I knew this existed for the rescue Nozomi/heartbeats events but it's interesting how the game is programmed in a way that makes calls possible past Ryo's curfew on ordinary days where he was supposed to be in bed. 2. I found out that the 'drunk' method actor in the green shirt has an apartment in Sakuragaoka.

I found that one in the SEGA machine finally. Now Im missing 2 scrolls here. I think the 3rd green one is the one Xiuying gives him. :disrelieved:
View attachment 18302

Ok I think I heard that those 2 are in lucky hit stands. Totally missed them.

Hey dude, you're right, there's 2 from a super hard hidden Lucky Hit Stand on Dragon's street in Kowloon. There's a sort of hidden path near to where the blind man is playing the instrument from memory.

Also if you're looking for anything in particular, please check out the Media section of the Shenmue Dojo main website. For example, the toy capsule sets you were looking for in Shenmue 2 can be found under Shenmue 2 > Inventory Items > Toy Capsules.

Here is the direct link: https://shenmuedojo.com/media/shenmue-ii/shenmue-ii-inventory-items/shenmue-ii-toy-capsules/

You will see an image of the capsule toy machine, and then all of the toys found in that particular machine. Hope that helps :)

Hey dude, you're right, there's 2 from a super hard hidden Lucky Hit Stand on Dragon's street in Kowloon. There's a sort of hidden path near to where the blind man is playing the instrument from memory.

Also if you're looking for anything in particular, please check out the Media section of the Shenmue Dojo main website. For example, the toy capsule sets you were looking for in Shenmue 2 can be found under Shenmue 2 > Inventory Items > Toy Capsules.

Here is the direct link: https://shenmuedojo.com/media/shenmue-ii/shenmue-ii-inventory-items/shenmue-ii-toy-capsules/

You will see an image of the capsule toy machine, and then all of the toys found in that particular machine. Hope that helps :)
You're right I should have looked at that first :LOL: The 2 scrolls though,that one is harder to figure out.

Random thought: I have been thinking about how Kowloon's buildings interiors are like liminal spaces. They're sooo creepy. It's my least favorite part of the series.
One of my most favorite parts tho, is Bailu Village in Shenmue 3

I found this very strange writing on the wall of the chapel in Kowloon (I think it was the Thousand White Bldg?). It appears to be some kind of scriptures. It says

"A happy new year
Today is fine
Gone with window,
A happy new year.
Today is fine.
Gone with window.

Refining (?) the Vegetables

A happy new year.
Today is fine.
Gone with the window,
Refining the Vegetables"

s2-weird.jpg
wtf? o_o

I found this very strange writing on the wall of the chapel in Kowloon (I think it was the Thousand White Bldg?). It appears to be some kind of scriptures. It says

"A happy new year
Today is fine
Gone with window,
A happy new year.
Today is fine.
Gone with window.

A happy new year.
Today is fine.
Gone with the window,
Refining the Vegetables"

View attachment 18336
wtf? o_o
I believe its just a lorem ipsum that was left intentionally because Shenmue team was very silly. The refine vegetables its similar to the "bat eats fruit" from Microsoft Word. That or lyrics from some obscure song.

Back