Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

As much as I don't like it, I must admit that Ryo couldn't beat Kiryu at his current level. He might, he will eventually.
But Lan Di, that T1000. poor Kiryu would get his ass whooped so bad, he would spent the rest of his days writing poetry, haikus,sobbing at nights etc. And acting in servitude, like Goro.
The actual fight should be 4-6 frames long, with both Kiryu and Lan Di staring each other at some street alley. They take start stances and fade to black...
Fade in and there's Kiryu's leg and arm hanging out from a trash can, while Lan Di gets out the scene, walking and whistling Greensleeves tune.

As long as the Shenmue series is over before the Avatar series is done I'll be happy. Although this is probably a given considering Cameron will probably delay the last entry to go full cyborg because the natural lifespan of planet earth will have expired by that time. Waiting 13 years for the right technology to film motion capture underwater is code for 'the world is not yet big enough or ready for my super ego'. :LOL:

How impactful is the Shenmue tweetathon? Does the industry take notice? Does it create waves with the corporate suits?
It's doing OK and this month I did see at one stage when I typed in the # it had 500 tweets out.

As for taking notice I don't know or solid numbers. It's something I'm trying to look into. My own view on it is the Tweetathons are important as it's one good avenue but there are also others we need to explore as things have developed a little since Shenmue 3. So things like YouTube and TikTok as video outlets to support us as an example.

I wonder what the bad ending will be like in Shenmue 4. Especially since the first 3 all concern Lan Di stealing the phoenix mirror from Ryo. I was thinking of two possibilities in particular:

1. Lan Di kills Ryo again, citing Ryo 'tricking' him in the castle with the fake mirror as the reason. Or he just looks for a mirror Ryo no longer owns and kills him when he doesn't give it up.
2. Niao Sun or an unintroduced CYM member kills Ryo.

I wish Shenmue had a joke ending like the 'dog ending' in the Silent Hill games, but in Shenmue it would be the 'Chai ending'. Imagine if you triggered an ending where Chai got both mirrors somehow and rose to the top of the CYM pyramid. Niao Sun and Lan Di take a knee on opposite sides of Chai's throne and address him as 'Chai Sama', causing him to burst into the maniacal laughter we all know and love him for. The camera pans out and we see Chai's snaggle-toothed wife crawling along the castle rooftop, lovingly gazing at her at hubby from a distance. Ryo is shown to be locked in a cell that is cladded out in Chai posters, plushies, statues and plates and mugs with Chai's face on it. A guard comes to Ryo's door and says it is time for his 'daily retraining', where Ryo has to listen to Chai screaming 'HEGGGHHHH!' for 23 hours a day. We get a 'six months later' loading screen and the scene ends with Ryo, whose posture has noticeably deteriorated, holding an origami phoenix mirror as he screams (but in a monotone way) 'WITH THIS I CAN JOIN THE CHIYOUMEN!'.

Ryo temporarily leaves China to go to South Korea to learn under Tang Soo Do master Kim Sun-Yung. Under Master Kim's tutelage, he will also learn one special technique to beat Lan Di, the Silver Bullet. After that, he will travel to Okinawa and learn under Karate Master Sato Toguchi and his nephew Chozen. There, they will teach Ryo the offensive style of Miyagi-Do, specifically, the pressure point techinques that can paralyze an opponent.

Maybe not in S4, but I'd really like to see an old man Ryo at some point.
Me too but here's a thought do you think Ryo survives his journey? I think he does but I remember that was one of the theories many years ago on the old forums that he possibly perishes after achieving victory.

One of mine back in the day was after V I would have him return home to take care of the dojo and have Nozomi waiting for him under a blossomed cherry tree. Granted now that's completely out the window and Nozomi will more than likely never be seen again physically 😂.

I wonder what the bad ending will be like in Shenmue 4. Especially since the first 3 all concern Lan Di stealing the phoenix mirror from Ryo. I was thinking of two possibilities in particular:

1. Lan Di kills Ryo again, citing Ryo 'tricking' him in the castle with the fake mirror as the reason. Or he just looks for a mirror Ryo no longer owns and kills him when he doesn't give it up.
2. Niao Sun or an unintroduced CYM member kills Ryo.

I wish Shenmue had a joke ending like the 'dog ending' in the Silent Hill games, but in Shenmue it would be the 'Chai ending'. Imagine if you triggered an ending where Chai got both mirrors somehow and rose to the top of the CYM pyramid. Niao Sun and Lan Di take a knee on opposite sides of Chai's throne and address him as 'Chai Sama', causing him to burst into the maniacal laughter we all know and love him for. The camera pans out and we see Chai's snaggle-toothed wife crawling along the castle rooftop, lovingly gazing at her at hubby from a distance. Ryo is shown to be locked in a cell that is cladded out in Chai posters, plushies, statues and plates and mugs with Chai's face on it. A guard comes to Ryo's door and says it is time for his 'daily retraining', where Ryo has to listen to Chai screaming 'HEGGGHHHH!' for 23 hours a day. We get a 'six months later' loading screen and the scene ends with Ryo, whose posture has noticeably deteriorated, holding an origami phoenix mirror as he screams (but in a monotone way) 'WITH THIS I CAN JOIN THE CHIYOUMEN!'.
That joke ending you wrote was phenomenal 🤣. Do you think the bad ending could be Lan Di combining the mirrors and ShenHua or Ryo has a vision of the chiyou emerging before credits?

Ryo temporarily leaves China to go to South Korea to learn under Tang Soo Do master Kim Sun-Yung. Under Master Kim's tutelage, he will also learn one special technique to beat Lan Di, the Silver Bullet. After that, he will travel to Okinawa and learn under Karate Master Sato Toguchi and his nephew Chozen. There, they will teach Ryo the offensive style of Miyagi-Do, specifically, the pressure point techinques that can paralyze an opponent.

Me too but here's a thought do you think Ryo survives his journey? I think he does but I remember that was one of the theories many years ago on the old forums that he possibly perishes after achieving victory.

One of mine back in the day was after V I would have him return home to take care of the dojo and have Nozomi waiting for him under a blossomed cherry tree. Granted now that's completely out the window and Nozomi will more than likely never be seen again physically 😂.

No way he dies... but someone in the party will (Ren appears most-likely to be the one).

No way he dies... but someone in the party will (Ren appears most-likely to be the one).
Oh most definitely I agree I just remember back in 2003 some users floated that possiblity. Ren is a goner absolutely. Can you imagine though waiting for the saga to conclude all this time and Ryo dies at the end LMAO.

Back