Random Gaming Thoughts

What I'm about to say may rub some the wrong way but its how I feel. I enjoy collecting retro games but some of these prices are getting ridiculous. I'd like to see the retro gaming market collapse. Some off these games are selling for more than used cars. As much as I love nostalgia I'd rather emulate these games than physically own them. The price gouging is atrocious.

What I'm about to say may rub some the wrong way but its how I feel. I enjoy collecting retro games but some of these prices are getting ridiculous. I'd like to see the retro gaming market collapse. Some off these games are selling for more than used cars. As much as I love nostalgia I'd rather emulate these games than physically own them. The price gouging is atrocious.

Oh, I agree with you. Look at the price of Panzer Dragoon Saga!

Oh, I agree with you. Look at the price of Panzer Dragoon Saga!
lets save him a search. 1000 bucks

I played Jet Set Radio recently, it's a game I';ve never beaten before adn wanted to correct that but gosh! I love almost everything about the game sadly apart from the controls! I just couldn't get to grips with them every time I would leap for a grinding rail or building I'd fall flat on my face, like EVERY DAMN TIME! I've never felt so damn clumsy within a game before. It's a shame I as beyond that, I enjoyed the story Proffessor K is 'Dope'!

My question is, does the sequel fix the jankiness of controls? I can play it on my 360 but I don't want to be frustrated every second of gameplay like with this experience.

I played Jet Set Radio recently, it's a game I';ve never beaten before adn wanted to correct that but gosh! I love almost everything about the game sadly apart from the controls! I just couldn't get to grips with them every time I would leap for a grinding rail or building I'd fall flat on my face, like EVERY DAMN TIME! I've never felt so damn clumsy within a game before. It's a shame I as beyond that, I enjoyed the story Proffessor K is 'Dope'!

My question is, does the sequel fix the jankiness of controls? I can play it on my 360 but I don't want to be frustrated every second of gameplay like with this experience.

jet set radio future is worth playing, it still looks good. it's a fun game but yes, the controls can be a little annoying. it's a bigger game and in the second one, they got rid of the complex controls for spraying graffiti.
- i completed it a few years ago.. if i remember correctly, the the grinding and skating are easier than the first game.

Anyone see PandaMoniums docu on Virtua Cop?
Yes I did! I'm only half way in, but it's been an incredible look inside 90s AM2 so far. I can't believe the amount of research that must have gone into this, it's a must-see for any AM2/Yu Suzuki fans. So if you're reading this, yes I mean you!

Last edited:
Yes I did! I'm only half way in, but it's been an incredible look inside 90s AM2 so far. I can't believe the amount of research that must have gone into this, it's a must-see for any AM2/Yu Suzuki fans. So if you're reading this, yes I mean you!

Its the first time i knew that the two cops had their own backgrounds. Their personal profiles cracked me up. The city itself had its own story. Didnt know that the cops had personal preferences in life from underwear, drinking habits and actresses.

How that dude made a four hour video about my favourite shooting game is impressive. I hope someone makes a video like that for Time Crisis.

Holy ****, 4 hours!?!? :eek:

This will require a deep dive at a later time :LOL:

With retro gaming prices so high I've been saving money buy just buying loose copies. Recently I purchased Jojo Bizarre Adventure for Dreamcast. This game CIB(Complete In Box) is $300+, I bought a loose copy for $150. The most important thing is the game not the case. Im not gonna pay a extra $150 for plastic and booklet, I plan on doing this moving forward on all expensive gaming purchases.

I just have a little emulator SNES. Has every console and every game you can think of up to the early 2000s and cost me £300ish.

Emulation is definitely the way to go. I personally set out to collect every Dreamcast game made in North America just for now. Also plan on doing a Game Gear run. For my other consoles I just buy select games.

I'm only 10 minutes in to that Virtua Cop documentary and i'm already impressed (and seeing footage of 90's era Yu-san is awesome!)

Do you think we need some more forum bits for Yu-san's other games or would that be too niche?

Back