Recent content by You Arcade Clerk

1. You Arcade Clerk

Akira Toriyama has passed away.

I heard it this morning and it really shook me up. Even 25 years after being introduced to it, DragonBall remains my favorite thing in fiction ever. RIP Toriyama-san and thanks for brightening up my life with your work.
  2. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

It may be a bit too late for some, but can't we technically access
  3. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Licensing getting in the way of interchangeable voice/audio tracks makes sense. ^^I personally never had an issue with Kaoru or her fling with Kiryu and thought what they gave us here was nice. If Kiryu can have superficial relationships with tons of hostesses through the years, he can have a...
  4. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Hey guys, Back from my 'sabbatical' since the game's release. Last Saturday I finished the story after ~108 hours and currently I'm at a little over 113. I've quickly browsed through all the comments in this thread since my previous post (which definitely didn't age well lol - sorry...
  5. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Shenmue Dojo just spoiled on their YouTube channel. Thanks a lot!
  6. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Same here. Getting all of the prep-work out of the way today; installation, patches, firmware updates, gamepad charging. It starts tomorrow..
  7. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

While I do try to stay away from reviews and (online) discourse before having played or watched something, it is encouraging to see some positive buzz for this early on. Especially after the completely unnecessary paywall drama. As we're just a few days away from release, I'll be making myself...
  8. You Arcade Clerk

YsNet outclassed by Ninja Theory?

I'd say the lack of both commercial success and critical acclaim are what make Shenmue niche. I may not agree with it, but I certainly agree with the logic of it. We can speculate about what we believe contributed to the franchise not being embraced by the masses (slow pacing, certain gameplay...
  9. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

I don't have a problem shelling out for a season pass that contains some neat extras for a series I enjoy, especially since in this case the base game is expected to be a huge undertaking already, but that doesn't excuse paywalling what has become more or less a basic feature in modern gaming...
  10. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Looks like New Game+ will be hidden behind a paywall. Apparently this was also the case when the previous mainline entry released in Japan. But this will not go over well and it shouldn't. Developers, or rather publishers, keep testing the waters of what people are willing to put up with and...
  11. You Arcade Clerk

General RGG Discussion

Who? Yesterday I was watching Spawn Wave (another YouTuber) for some gaming news updates and suddenly he played an Infinite Wealth promo video. He thanked Sega for the opportunity and implied he'll do more promo stuff for them in the future. Now, Spawn Wave is actually a Sega fan and has stated...
  12. You Arcade Clerk

Well, Hellblade has a few things Shenmue III doesn't have: - Over a million units sold. - It was (mostly) well-received critically. - Ninja Theory has Microsoft behind it, which is literally the biggest company in the world. But, again, it's kind of a useless conversation and comparison.
  13. You Arcade Clerk

Even though Shenmue III and Hellblade is an apples to oranges comparison, I don't think it's outlandish to suggest Ninja Theory has a more advanced development team than Ys Net. And there's a pretty straightforward explanation for it: experience. Just look at the portfolio of both studios. Not...
Back