Recent content by Wickio

1. Wickio

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

Really enjoyed that, and I honestly think it can stand on its own merit without the viewer needing to be a fan of the games. I understand some concerns for the pacing, but I don't think anything came across as too jarring. This was the first episode so needs to act as a hook to get people...
  2. Wickio

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I know the girl who has cosplayed as Shenhua for PR events a few times (TGS, etc). Can't hurt to ask the question!
  3. Wickio

Premiere Date Speculation

I think it depends on whether its release schedule is dictated by the Japanese airing or if Adult Swim and Crunchyroll will have greater flexibility as producers. Anime is typically aired in quite distinct seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter), each typically consisting of 13 episodes, with...
  4. Wickio

Shenmue The Animation Announced

If we're fortunate enough to get a second season, I'd have absolutely no issue with the story advancing beyond the games. In fact, I'd be happy enough to see it reach a resolution in anime form ahead of the games wrapping up, especially if it follows Yu's initial manuscripts and planned chapter...
  5. Wickio

What Shenmue Anime Merch do you think will be available?

I will buy everything associated with this, even hideously overpriced Japanese blurays. My sister-in-law lives just by Akihabara so I will be using her as my personal scout.
  6. Wickio

I was in bed when I read the news and swiftly got up to put some beer in the fridge.
  7. Wickio

This has made me even happier than the Shenmue 3 announcement. I've always wanted to see the story adapted to anime, but didn't think there was a cat in hell's chance that it would ever happen.
  8. Wickio

An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

I'd sport a wee little chubby if an anime got announced. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
  9. Wickio

Editions Pix'n Love Shenmue II Limited Edition

Got mine Christmas Eve. Nice looking set, but in two minds as to whether I bust it open or not.
  10. Wickio

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Finally got around to starting the game in earnest and I'm loving it. The loop is addictive and I'm loving the conversations with Shenhua at the end of a long day. Credit to the team for getting this complete on the strict budget. There are flaws, sure, but the game is remarkably close to what...
  11. Wickio

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

I've had a look at their profile, and it looks like they only get ranked on MC for Movies and Music. https://www.metacritic.com/publication/the-guardian Real shame if this one doesn't get ranked.
  12. Wickio

Shenmue 3 Sales

So... About those sales figures, eh? :unsure:
  13. Wickio

Shenmue 3 Sales

Good point. For a market that was typically regarded as being lukewarm to the franchise, I'd say these are relatively decent figures.
  14. Wickio

ONE WEEK

It just struck me that the year Shenmue released was also the last time my team (Nottingham Forest) featured in the Premier League. It hasn't been a good 20 years.
  15. Wickio

ONE WEEK

The ultimate life simulator.
Back