Recent content by Tim Surway

1. Tim Surway

Capsule Toy Collecting Thread

Can someone please advise what scores are required for each of the toy capsules at the You arcade?
  2. Tim Surway

Shenmue 3 Gamescom Trailer & Release Date! [KS Update 90]

What on earth would be the point of waiting for 16 years if we're then presented with a bad game? Facial expressions for a modern game shouldn't be a luxury or a "nice to have" item- if they can do it in 1999 then they can do it now. I would be rather disappointed if Ryo continues to look as...
  3. Tim Surway

The new Shenmue Dojo in one word

Functional
  4. Tim Surway

Consumables

Considering how long it takes for Ryo to drink a can of soda in Shenmue 1 I think he would be knocked out by the time he finished it during a fight. It's a very bizarre, oddly specific looking bottle in the screenshot. This indicates to me that it may be something other than a traditional...
  5. Tim Surway

Update 88: Shenmue Documentary Film, Shenmue I & II, Other Info

Would hardly call this an update- stop asking us about shenmue 1&2 and don't expect anything soon on shenmue 3.
  6. Tim Surway

Shenmue I & II (2018) review scores?

A 7.5 may seem about right. Added a few cool features and improved load-times but otherwise I don't think the experience will be noticeably different than the original Dreamcast versions played with VGA from what I've seen. Not to say that's a bad thing as it will still be the two best games of...
  7. Tim Surway

Heavy Rain

Yes there were a few of those. I just finished it yesterday. For example,
  8. Tim Surway

How old are you?

I'm 29. It's funny, when I first joined the dojo when I was about 13 I assumed everybody was quite a bit older than me for some reason but it seems that isn't really the case.
  9. Tim Surway

How strong do you feel about Shenmue 3 now?

I'm obviously worried. After almost 20 years of waiting my biggest fear is being underwhelmed by it's release. I would maybe compare it to the feeling when Mass Effect Andromeda was released and being immediately bored after falling in love with the original trilogy. Forgive me for not being...
  10. Tim Surway

Heavy Rain

That was the only part of the game I'd seen before playing it. It slightly lost it's impact when my game glitched and Jason was stood right in front of me...
  11. Tim Surway

Life is Strange

I hope you're not worried about S3 then given the ending to S2... I did try the first life is strange but couldn't get into it particularly. I think I might try again at some point.
  12. Tim Surway

Heavy Rain

I know that had nothing to do with Shenmue's original failure, but I'm sure I'm not the only one worried about the ability of the new batch of Shenmue releases to pick up new fans 20 years later.
  13. Tim Surway

Heavy Rain

I downloaded this free on PS Plus and whilst playing through have noticed some major similarities to Shenmue. It's basically one long interactive movie utilising QTEs although in my view not particularly effectively, and the baffling thing is that it was only released in 2010 to rave reviews. It...
  14. Tim Surway

Favorite areas

In S1 I'd have to say Dobuita is my favourite. I remember it seemed so vast for a game at the time and with so much vibrancy and activity. I used to love it when it was raining and I would just take shelter from the rain in Nozomi's flower shop. In S2 I'd have to say South Carmain quarter as you...
  15. Tim Surway

Did this American rapper play Shenmue?

Sounds worse than what comes out of Cool Z's boombox
Back