Recent content by TheFoolontheHill

1. T

Best way to play the original games: emulation or remaster?

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like there aren't many mods for shenmue 2 yet which would tip the balance towards the remasters.
  2. T

Choubu-Chan Thread

I love the creativity in the placement and camouflaging. I wish the mechanic to find it was different though. As it is I often lock on automatically before I had even spotted it, especially in the stalls. In the bigger shops however I can spend a good while looking for it. My favorite so far is...
  3. T

Is there a cat in Niaowu?

Thanks for your replies. I'm sad that I won't get to pet a cat. I agree that it's distracting then.
  4. T

Is there a cat in Niaowu?

I hear one meowing around the hotel but I can't seem to find it.
  5. T

Sadly I sold my dreamcast with both shenmue games in 2002 for like 50 bucks or something. A decision that still haunts me.
  6. T

Your Opinion About Music Integration

I'm playing the segment where you have to find the six tokens and I'm really digging that track. On a related note, one thing that I hate is at Shenhua's house when you're going first person to look through drawers the main theme stops abruptly to switch to a very ominous track. It's a...
  7. T

Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to experience the original games today, especially Shenmue II. As far as emulation goes, I last played the games on nullDC a couple years ago and it was a little glitchy but mostly playable. I've heard that reDream is better now? I've...
  8. T

What a disappointment

I think there is an argument to be made that certain pieces of art belong to their era and it is somewhat illusory to want to make them again years later as if nothing has changed. In the case of Shenmue, not only have games and technology changed, but it's not the same budget nor the same...
  9. T

What did you miss when playing Shenmue 3?

The ability to turn the gashapon in your hand when it comes out of the machine. It's a small thing but I always loved it in the original games.
  10. T

We need to write to YsNet about a Patch !

There needs to be an option in the menu to toggle the red circle highlight on and off
  11. T

Bugs so far

I spent a whole in-game afternoon fishing to catch a red catfish. I finally managed to get one, but as I was fishing it out of the water and its name appeared, I hit the 5:30pm limit and was taken out of the minigame and the red catfish wasn't recognized. Grrr
  12. T

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

This is a copyright issue where they censored the brand "Harley" and replaced it with something else. This is why in English it says "hawg" in the subtitles.
  13. T

Shenmue HD Texture mods

Looks beautiful, great work!
Back