Recent content by Testament

1. Testament

What would a Shenmue board game look like?

I would think a deck builder, perhaps with the Versus "timeline" of events / enemies would work.
  2. Testament

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I want to clarify: I'm not saying he should be sidelined, and I'm not saying he should step aside and let someone else take over. What I am saying is that I would love for him to team up with someone more in tune with the modern games industry to direct the game at his side.
  3. Testament

Random Shenmue Thoughts

This is why, while I would absolutely love to see the series continue, I won't be completely upset if it doesn't. I'm not concerned with the outcome (we all know how it ends I'd bet), because the journey we took to get there has been incredible, nearly every step of the way.
  4. Testament

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

This is possibly an unpopular opinion, but if we do get Shenmue IV I actually do hope that Yu Suzuki advises / oversees it and lets someone else, with a better grasp of modern game development, to direct it. I'm not saying I want Shenmue to change or be overtly modernized. I'm saying Suzuki was...
  5. Testament

S3 Dreamcast/Xbox

Not really. To gaslight someone is to attempt to make someone doubt their memories, understanding or certain details of events. You're not far off though; you have a general idea of what gaslighting is. It just isn't really the correct usage (and the definition isn't re-writing history). What...
  6. Testament

Things S3 did better than 1 and 2

Yeah. Shenmue truly was a lightning in a bottle type of thing. The games are still great but the impact they had back when they released can never be recreated. I could have spent all day at You Arcade. But I didn't live in 2023 at the time.
  7. Testament

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Shenmue III would have had some pretty stiff competition in 2004. The more I think about it, Shenmue never really had a chance. But that's kind of what makes me love Shenmue-- they had a vision and they went for it. And we got some beautiful things as a result.
  8. Testament

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Shenmue 4 will have to be a real banger of a game in order for this to happen. Like they change it so much and give it such a great story that it breaks through to the mainstream audience and gets a lot of positive coverage. Without major studio backing and better management (sorry Suzuki, but...
  9. Testament

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I want to touch on this point real quick. I know I've said as such before, but I think it's important for everyone to step outside of the fan bubble for discussions such as these-- outside of our little home here, Shenmue is largely considered a joke. That was true in the 2000's and it's true...
  10. Testament

Saturn Shenhua model was still in place during intro voiceover recording

Same. Saturn Shenmue has been an obsession of mine for years. I still don't even believe it would run as advertised on base hardware. But I'd love to be proven wrong, someday!
  11. Testament

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

I did this with Metal Gear -- purchased a co-worker a copy. He played it once, for about 15 minutes as you said. Waste of money and waste of time. I should have recommended it and left it alone.
  12. Testament

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

I learned a long, long time ago to simply recommend things to people and leave it at that. Most of the time if someone wants to try something, they will, whether you recommended it or not. Being pushy will only cause people to resent you, and the game itself. If they want to play Shenmue, they...
  13. Testament

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Nothing. All the conspiracy-level stuff on Shenmue Dojo is laughable but it's our bread and butter and it keeps us alive lmao. Also, he's not holding the candle; his hand is clearly resting on the table behind the cake.
  14. Testament

Yu Suzuki seems to be working on a NFT project

Despite my dislike for ventures like these, I do have to agree that I hope it's successful. Obviously we all love the guy and we hope he can get funding for his various projects. If this leads to Shenmue IV in some way--any way--then that's just fine with me. Unfortunately, as I predicted a...
  15. Testament

Yu Suzuki seems to be working on a NFT project

It's essentially a JPEG that you "own," much like those radio ads where they sell you a star in the sky, and you get a certificate saying it's your star despite there being no real tangible ownership. Or the Celtic Titles company who will sell you a tiny patch of land in Ireland for less than...
Back