Recent content by Surge

1. Surge

Question about some missing moves

I always enjoyed the fast, reactionary nature of the Swallow Dive in its original form but never was a fan of its advanced form in Shenmue I. It may have been more powerful but it had to be timed out instead of the kick being instant, which I’ve tried many times to hit an opponent with that...
  2. Surge

So I couldn’t find an extended version of the gamescom 2017 trailer but it seems the cutscene with swallow dive is present with the sparring scene with grandmaster Bei and this scene is still present in the final game. If this isn’t the right scene then forgive me but I cannot find any extended...
  3. Surge

The only thing I can think of to justify its absence is that you have the option to decline learning Swallow Dive whereas the Counter Elbow Assault is a move where you don’t have a choice in learning it, but going by that why would Swallow Dive be cut but moves like Tornado Kick not be cut...
  4. Surge

Could this be the same guy? Would this card be shenmue 3?

When I saw that card prior to the release of Shenmue 3 I thought it could have been Baihu that was depicted there. That person from the old castle scene could be the person in that chapter card but had their role in the story demoted. The other character on the other side looks a lot like...
  5. Surge

Random Shenmue Thoughts

My first time playing Shenmue was around 2011. I didn’t know that the game was three discs long at the time and when I bought the game it was just discs one and two in a generic CD case. The second disc crashed on me and I never could get it to work again. I was finally able to play the entire...
  6. Surge

Shenmue GIFs

7. Surge

Shenmue GIFs

8. Surge

Shenmue GIFs

9. Surge

Shenmue GIFs

10. Surge

Shenmue GIFs

Here are some combat GIFs.
  11. Surge

Shenmue The Animation Announced

Getting a glass of bourbon. It wasn’t bought for me by a guy in a sweet looking leather jacket however.
  12. Surge

New Member Introductions

Hello, I’m Nathan. I’ve been lurking the forums for a few years and finally decided to go ahead and register.
Back