Recent content by Ssoldier

1. S

Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Just saw this thread. Really good work, I'm humbled by the level of talent
  2. S

Shenmue Book Series

A new article to this topic: https://www.cbr.com/shenmue-needs-manga-adaptation-to-conclude-story-successfully/
  3. S

Shenmue Book Series

In light of the latest news about the anime... I think a novel would be a great way to keep everyone happy. The general story of Shenmue typically translates really well in novel-form too (split into a 3 volumes even perhaps). A grahpic novel / manga is probably more likely though (for some...
  4. S

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I'm finding this period, post-anime, very hard to be patient. Which is strange. Anyone else? I'm usually fairly chill.
  5. S

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

How dare you speak ill of the legendary Ren!! XD
  6. S

This was/is my main way of making money in the game. I can afford all the things needed just from collecting herbs and its very relaxing haha
  7. S

The combat system is of large significance to a lot of people, more than I thought. Its the element that I least look at. I very much agree with your last sentence - tbh I thought it was the main reasons why people enjoyed Shenmue. The relaxing, slow-paced approach enriched with culture. Heck...
  8. S

There is no doubt that the fanbase was over-harsh on S3. They've just been starving for a long, long time
  9. S

Random thought - I felt he was an unnecessary addition in the game. I mean, I don't think he will even show up again in the rest of the series. That being said, I enjoyed his arc in the game
  10. S

Just remember to keep grounded. Yu already said he's finishing the story one way or another. So whichever way we interpret events, we will, eventually, get closure. Games > Anime > Book Series
  11. S

Shenmue Book Series

This would be a great addition. It would also allow us to hear Ryo's thoughts etc and present an entirely different perspective and level of detail. Game, anime and book series. There we have it!
  12. S

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

I think that as the anime progresses into season 2, it will deviate further from the exact sequence of events in the games. As the Lan Di encounter occurred on the rooftop, there will likely be a change to how they next meet in Niaowu. Shenmue 3 generally speaking couldn't take more than 4-5...
  13. S

Can someone fill me in on the joke here lol? Is it Shenmue 3 having apples and bananas in the kitchen?
  14. S

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Bets on Ryo using Swallow Dive against Lan Di...
  15. S

Unpopular Perspective on Shenmue 3, Shenmue Anime and more...

Thank you and I agree with you actually, especially in practical terms. Perhaps the subtlety of my message is that - we tend to nitpick so much (myself included) but there is so much to enjoy and we'd be better to just focus on that and enjoy the experience that has been created for us.
Back