Recent content by spud1897

1. spud1897

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Add in that development budgets were considerably lower back then as well. It meant prices could stay relatively stable. Unless gaming moves away from these insane budgets then the £70 game is here to stay.
  2. spud1897

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

FF7 rebirth has sold 2m copies which is way lower than I'd have anticipated. Call that at an average of $50 for a copy that's $100m revenue before it is then split. If it's covered development costs it'll be tight. This is why Shenmue games need to be mindful of budget and market size...
  3. spud1897

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

This is where I got to before giving up: Shenmue 4 Shenmue Switch PSOBB Re-release Snatcher Lunar Hard Corps Uprising Policenauts: Konami Collection V1 Chrono Trigger MVC2 Epic Dumpster Bear 1+2 Dragon Force Shining Force Fuga 1 and 2 Batman NES/2d Collection Commander Keen Phantom Dust Dark...
  4. spud1897

5. spud1897

Best options for broadband adapter for dreamcast

This shows you can run it offline with some work. https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/shenmue-passport-unlocked-hack-to-skip.html?m=1
  6. spud1897

Virtua Pet: Chobu Chan Released Today

Coming from Community Member Sayuhhm this is a simple virtual pet inspired game starring Chobu-Chan, the beloved mascot created by YS Net and featured in Shenmue III. DOWNLOAD NOW! Dojo Direct Download Itch.Io Download Link Features Unlock three Shenmue inspired locations set in Guilin...
  7. spud1897

It was
  8. spud1897

Shenmue AM2 Podcast

We're streaming the video at 9.30 UK Time.
  9. spud1897

Can anyone tell me how much these are worth? I can’t even find them on eBay… must be rare

I paid about £100 for mine. It is rare but I have to say its rather cheaply put together. Very much a collectors piece.
  10. spud1897

If it's any help we are working on something not sure if it classifies as big but lets see the reaction to it. Remember back in the day the Shenmue Community emailed capsules to SEGA - spammed their social media with Shenmue - collages - videos and more. Any suggestions welcome - maybe not...
  11. spud1897

Dead means there's no community, no content, nothing. By that very definition VF would have been considered dead after 5 final showdown and was fine in the end. The series only dies if the community lets it.
  12. spud1897

And this is what I keep saying. If the community stops hounding, making content etc we're done. Its the hardest of hard yards now.
  13. spud1897

The series isn't dead. It only becomes dead if the fanbase stops creating content, videos, artwork etc. I fully believe there's a way forward that can meet a creative vision at the right budget. The question is whether that is satisfactory to YS himself.
  14. spud1897

The problem with a remake is the inherent risk attached to it. Over on our discord there's a definite split over the idea and while it could certainly be a shot in the arm for the series if done well and successful it could be a nail in the coffin too. I can't see SEGA or a publisher wanting to...
  15. spud1897

Shenmue I & II Mod Database

Not a clue - I avoid Special K for the fact it is very unpredictable.
Back