Recent content by Spaghetti

1. S

Subtitle for Shenmue 4

4 fast, 4 furious
  2. S

New arcade games/activities. What do you want to see?

Been thinking a little bit more about an expanded Affinity System as I detailed in a different post in another topic. A high affinity rating with Shenhua could unlock the ability to give her herbs to sell at higher prices than Ryo would get in the shops (because she's cuter, obviously), and...
  3. S

New arcade games/activities. What do you want to see?

Hear me out... DDR-styled rhythm mini-game for doing "sticky hands" on human opponents and wooden kung fu dummies.
  4. S

Sonic the Hedgehog thread

Close to 6 hours in, can comprehensively say it plays better than it looks, but there are issues. I think Sonic Team have mistaken genuinely user-unfriendly aspects for not being hand-holdy, and it's dragging down some genuinely really good ideas like expanding Sonic's moveset for the first time...
  5. S

Still on Kronos, but yeah, really digging the big playground aspect of the open world. I get complaints about floating rails and whatnot from an artistic perspective, but when you're actually in control you don't especially notice because you're enjoying using them as a means of getting around...
  6. S

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I'd be on the lookout for the familiar New Years quote from Yu Suzuki in Famitsu and 4Gamer(?) this year, but otherwise, yeah. Radio silence.
  7. S

A few "no comment" type things, but otherwise it's been quiet and personally I expect it to stay like that until AT LEAST Wanted: Dead is released.
  8. S

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Hm... There are many inherent difficulties of making a direct sequel/fourth instalment to a niche series that began in 1999, in a way that is friendly to new users. In terms of narrative; re-establish the characters, their motivations, and their place in the overall plot. Easier said than done...
  9. S

Only got around to completing the extended tutorial in Frontiers and won't have a chance to play more until the weekend, but it's a good sign that I've been wanting to go back to it all day at work.
  10. S

The plot thickens...
  11. S

Do you have a link to this tease? I do know this is a follow up interview to one in February, but I'm not sure they would have done another just two months later to sit on it for six months after loads more of Wanted: Dead was shown in the meantime. But who knows, the outlet isn't very big...
  12. S

What he actually meant to say was "no, comment". Shenmue IV never ever.
  13. S

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

I disagree with basically all of the OP, but these things are subjective so I won't pick on every point besides the ones about Xiuying. Xiuying's exceptional prowess with martial arts compared to Ryo is to place emphasis on two things. One, that Ryo was a big fish in a small pond in hometown...
  14. S

New models technically not required, but I wouldn't expect Shenmue IV to use 1:1 Shenmue III models, in the same way Shenmue II exhibited changes and refinements to character models and animation. Ultimately the issue is Shenmue being a game with vast quantities of spoken dialogue. More than...
  15. S

Air Twister was 100% Apple funded, IIRC.
Back