Recent content by ShinChuck

1. ShinChuck

Favorite Shenmue 1 NPC

Mari Yamashita! I always got a kick out of her, and the thought of Ryo stopping his quest for revenge to try out for some local commercials or whatever acting gigs with her always amused me. I mean, they do both like leather jackets and jeans. Could be something there! :whistle:
  2. ShinChuck

What TV shows are you watching?

I watched the first episode of the Frasier revival since it was free, but I'm going to hold off until December once all the episodes are out to binge it. I loved the original series and used to post on the old https://www.frasieronline.co.uk/ website until they shut down the forums after a...
  3. ShinChuck

Ports / HD Remasters -- What do you want to see?

Oh shoot, I'm sorry! I totally missed this response. Yep, I think that "soul" can be an incredibly unifying feature. Some games just have a vibe that's hard to describe but often connects them with other games. Sega definitely had a feel, especially in the late 90s/early 00s. Some games by...
  4. ShinChuck

Suikoden is back

Admittedly, Suikoden I and II are my LEAST played. I got them well after the fact and, having never had a PS1 during it's heyday, my backlog remains huge. I played a little, but didn't get too far. So with that, I'm REALLY looking forward to remasters, especially if they add some QoL updates...
  5. ShinChuck

What are you playing?

I really, really wish I could play Starfield, but it keeps giving me motion sickness. Maybe 4-5 games over the course of my life have given it to me, but usually over the course of several hours. Unfortunately, Starfield joins Ecco the Dolphin on Dreamcast as the only game to almost instantly...
  6. ShinChuck

Was the Scope of Shenmue 3 too Big?

I was overall pleased, but I do think it was a game with a bit of an identity crisis. There seemed to be two main camps: 1) Those who wanted Shenmue 3 to be as if Shenmue 2 just released yesterday. 2) Those who wanted Shenmue 3 to be as cutting edge in 2020 as Shenmue 1 was in 2000. It ended...
  7. ShinChuck

Suikoden is back

Same here! I love the series and was bummed when it seemed to fade away. I think I played every entry. Really looking forward to have an updated, convenient way to play them on modern systems! Hopefully we can get the rest after we get 1-2, but we'll see.
  8. ShinChuck

I had a brain cramp and was like, wait, am I totally misremembering the name? Forgot it was Memories everywhere but in the US. :ROFLMAO: It really is strange how vibes can unite games. I feel silly sometimes trying to explain to people how Shadow of De-er, Memories and Deadly Premonition feel...
  9. ShinChuck

Off the top of my head... Anything Nintendo. They're great porting, but not at remastering or upscaling. I'd love to see the DKC trilogy remastered, cleaned up, and with some extra content. DKC3 in particular is in desperate need of that, as the GBA port had a bunch of new stuff and replaced...
  10. ShinChuck

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Just got mine yesterday! :D Thanks to everyone involved!
  11. ShinChuck

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

I've been donating copies to people ever since Shenmue 2 on the Xbox dropped to like $5. It's even easier now with regular sales that drop the games to about the same price, and I can just gift it. But most people don't play it. I'm not sure if, with the dozen or so copies I've gifted of...
  12. ShinChuck

What are you playing?

As a Zelda fan, BotW was a little too not-Zelda for me, I think. It's definitely different from most of the past entries.
  13. ShinChuck

Sega Collections

I've heard that, but I've also wondered if that's increasingly less of a block to a port as emulation continues to advance. I feel like it's got to happen eventually, and it'd be nice if Sega started working on it earlier rather than later! But maybe it is just that much of a challenge right...
  14. ShinChuck

League of Legends Ruined My Life

For me, there's nothing better than a big group of friends playing an online game together, and it started with precursors to MMOs like Dragonrealms and only grew with games like PSO on the Dreamcast. There's really nothing that can top those highs, because they're like those amazing parties...
  15. ShinChuck

Sega Collections

We've got less-known games like Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Shining Force III that also need to get ports. It's really a tragedy that more people haven't been able to experience titles like those.
Back