Recent content by Shenhua_Vanilla

1. Shenhua_Vanilla

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

I feel like ranting here so don't expect coherency :ROFLMAO: If a second season ever does actually get made some day, let its inevitable failure be the final nail in the coffin for why Shenmue just can't catch a break: the main story just isn't all that interesting. The third game, even after...
  2. Shenhua_Vanilla

Saturn Shenmue

Oh god, that old awful Assembler thread :ROFLMAO: Anthaemia was always so full of BS and made stuff up all the time because they had a fetish for writing go-nowhere essay length posts. Anyway, I'm confused what the point of this thread is. It asks for help but never elaborates specifically what...
  3. Shenhua_Vanilla

At what point was Miao Village in Shenmue II? Is it Bailu Village?

Love watching up with all the installments to this series. Great analysis and I can only imagine what more the recently prototype will add. Looking forward to it :)
  4. Shenhua_Vanilla

SHENMUE II APRIL 11TH, 2001 PROTOTYPE SOLD ON YAHOO AUCTION

I've been assuming there might be a release at the end of phantomriverstone.com's recent schedule of articles about cut content in the game. Would be an appropriate way to wrap it up, but that's just a guess :cool:
  5. Shenhua_Vanilla

Looks likely, even Laurent is drawing attention to it so that's as good a sign as you could hope for :) I'm still betting the final "Content reborn" chapter of Switch's recent digging into Shenmue 2's files for lost content involves digging up stuff in the proto :whistle:
  6. Shenhua_Vanilla

Great article Switch, I never imagined there was this much left to discover. Almost feel like it deserves its own thread rather than my dinky one! Can't wait for the next part.
  7. Shenhua_Vanilla

I watched the auction end with others who were involved with the bidding and was told they won it. Admin staff here was involved too. I'm assuming they don't wanna make any announcement till it's received and released, but I figure it's ok to share this much.
  8. Shenhua_Vanilla

Great responses so far. I never would have imagined that grassy plain being outside of Hong Kong. In that context I can somewhat understand cutting it for space since it sounds unnatural for its location and if they were desperate to cut something for time and space reasons. Looking forward to...
  9. Shenhua_Vanilla

I'm surprised more of a fuss isn't being made about this. It's a Shenmue proto guys!! I heard the auction was won by people in the community and will be getting shared. Hopefully sometime within next month! Since so much of the second game I think was already conceptualized/implemented by the...
  10. Shenhua_Vanilla

In light of the recent prototype that was on auction, I've been looking back at any info we have on the cut "Bailu Village" area, mostly to temper expectations that this area would still be on a build dated three months before the final build. A couple things confuse me about the shots we have...
Back