Recent content by shadowreaper

1. S

Shenmue: Reclaiming the Path

This is all we needed Shenmue 3(and the games that follow it) to be. Who cares about modern graphics that really aren’t even that modern. This game looks amazing. I only hope it has the same Shenmue gameplay of “Do you know where I can find x?” “Go look for this person.”
  2. S

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I never want Shenmue to appeal to the masses because I don’t see a world where the masses would accept Shenmue. And that’s fine. Shenmue 1 and 2 excelled in what they did. Yu built a living breathing world and made me feel like I was walking in the shoes of Ryo Hazuki. The biggest thing I want...
  3. S

As long as the major stuff is voiced I don’t care about some stuff. I think about Elden Ring where the animated mouths just opened randomly and didn’t match the dialogue at least in some quests. I think the main cutscenes sync up. I never saw one person say anything about that being an issue...
  4. S

As soon as I saw Megaman Legends I was pretty sure that will be one of them. It’s sorta in the same category of Shenmue where a couple of games were made and people who liked them REALLY liked them. And those people are vocal about wanting rereleases and sequels. I also like Rule of Rose but it...
  5. S

I’m pretty hopeful he has something Shenmue in the works.
  6. S

Seems like Limited Run Games just publishes existing games, not new ones. So unless they’re doing something new it seems like they just do re-releases of games that haven’t had a wide release in a while.
  7. S

I’m guessing two of them are Shenmue and Megaman Legends.
  8. S

Is he talking new games or existing games that would get a remake/physical release? Are they a big enough publisher to fund a game like Shenmue 4?
  9. S

I remember a year or so before the Shenmue 3 kickstarter Yu said something about “It would take Shenmue 4, 5 or 6 to finish the series.” That statement really made me believe he had something concrete in the pipeline for making 3. It just seemed like a pointless statement if 3 wasn’t in the...
  10. S

The problem with a reboot is that puts a huge amount of pressure on the success of the reboot. If Shenmue 4 is made and fails the reboot is always an option. If they make a reboot now and it fails the series is dead dead.
  11. S

If Shenmue 3 is any indication Yu Suzuki is going to make the game he wants as long as he has money to make it. I don’t think anyone is going to force him to do A, B or C because of any certain reason. That’s all I’ll say.
  12. S

Black market import.
  13. S

As long as I can play it on my Dreamcast in heaven, yes.
  14. S

I don’t know if there is an issue with Yu not having an “in” in Sega. I think it’s a matter of funding the game. Sega seems more than happy to let Yu make a Shenmue game. They’re just not going to help pay for it. If anything I’m hoping a new Virtua Fighter will rekindle interest in the...
  15. S

After this year we should mobilize to do some sort of “Finish the Shenmue story in another medium” campaign(horrible name, I know).
Back