Recent content by Sanzarc

1. S

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 7 "Future" THREAD

Up until this episode, I didn't understand why some people thought that we would need 26 episodes to tell the Shenmue I and II story. Now it completely makes sense. Imagine that in the Shenmue I part, they could've expanded the story of the mirror, could've introduced Megumi, could've told the...
  2. S

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

What a great summary of the main events. I was thinking what to include and you came up with a pretty good list. I wonder how little things like the duck race or arm wrestling will feature in the story (because I still feel that we'll have room for side stories in 8 episodes).
  3. S

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

Great episode again, I really liked the part where the background of Master Chen was explained. When playing the first game as a kid, I never really considered him to be a shady character, but now I can see the underground connections. Also, it is not that surprising that some of us may have...
  4. S

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

I must say I did not play any of the Shenmue games since the disappointment I felt after Shenmue 3, but this anime adaptation brought back some of my dormant enthusiasm towards the series. Both episodes so far followed the games closely, but the story-telling was even better. I cannot wait to...
  5. S

How long was your first playthrough?

21 hours (9 hours in Bailu, 11 hours in Niaowu, 1 hour in the castle). I thought after Bailu that the second chapter will be longer, but I anticipated that I must get some money and defeat some oppontents, so I shortened the time it takes to complete the last part of the game.
  6. S

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

I still think that some extra narrative framework - that is looking into the future - should have been provided. Or even if we do not get a lot of new info about the backstory, there could have been some narrative framework to the tasks that Ryo needs to do. For example, in Shenmue 2, the...
  7. S

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

24 hours after finishing the game, I'm still unhappy about how things were. The Bailu section was done brilliantly, there were some new information given to us and the whole drunken master setting fit the story well (I felt like I was training with Jianmin again). But the second part... I mean...
  8. S

Nearing the End of Bailu Village (spoilers)

8.5 hours in Bailu, probably nearing the end of it (hopefully). I love the side quests, I love the scenery, and I finally understand what Yu Suzuki said about the theme of "connection" in this game. I am already looking at different options to acquire technique scrolls (mostly through the...
  9. S

Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

So Royal Mail delivers packages in 2 working days to mainland Europe? Does that mean that we may get the game by Monday (or Tuesday/Wednesday the latest)?
  10. S

ONE WEEK

I'm actually wondering whether to go for a digital download (which unlocks at midnight, it seems), or wait until 9am next day to pick-up a physical copy, work 8 hours, then start playing after work... but having two physical copies would look so great.. hm... what a first-world problem this is.
  11. S

Are there any “young” gamers on here?

I am 31, so probably in the middle of the age range. I remember seeing a thread about how people got into Shenmue, so I'll tell my story here then. :-) I was reading about Shenmue 1 in a gaming magazine that was bought by my sister because "the girl on the cover looked so nice" (this was in...
  12. S

Duck racing - betting strategy to win the most

Thanks for the comment, I was actually planning to clean up the stats a little bit more (for example, marking BDD1 and BDD2 ducks to make their real strengths more accurate). Also, the which duck beats which duck comparison would also be useful, so I will do that. I think that if there is such...
  13. S

Duck racing - betting strategy to win the most

Hi all, I was getting ready for Shenmue 3 by replaying both Shenmue 1 and 2 this week and I decided to spend a bit more time doing duck racing. What I wanted to find out was the way to win as much money as possible over time. It turns out that even though there is some randomness involved in...
Back