Recent content by Revan

1. Revan

Random Gaming Thoughts

Yeah I’m playing this at the moment. Old school Tomb Raider was my gaming childhood, so I’m thoroughly enjoying this collection. To make things a smidge more accessible, they have now added an icon above the objects Lara can interact with, which previously you would only figure out through...
  2. Revan

What are you playing?

Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3 - Remastered. Hope Aspyr remaster 4 & 5 next. Played those the most on the Dreamcast.
  3. Revan

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

SEGA has been testing the waters with Shenmue for a while now. There’s the 1 & 2 ports which did better than expected for them. They saw how Shenmue 3 generated a lot of hype and broke some records along the way. Then there’s the anime which did so well it almost got a 2nd season had it not...
  4. Revan

Notice also “games” - he’s cooking up multiple projects. Hopefully, Shenmue is in those plans somewhere.
  5. Revan

https://s.famitsu.com/news/202312/29329174.html Using Google Translate…
  6. Revan

Famitsu should be publishing their developer resolutions sometime now over the Christmas holidays.
  7. Revan

Unless it’s this: Yu wants Shenmue 4 to have playable flashbacks where some key moments in the series will be recreated. These flashback segments have now inspired him to think about Shenmue 0, but it could just be an early thought at this stage with Shenmue 4 still intended to be the next game...
  8. Revan

This is pure speculation on my part: I'm beginning to wonder if 110 and Shenmue 4 were indeed connected, but those plans fell apart as soon as Wanted Dead bombed and its director left. Wanted Dead came out in February and no news has since come out about their other projects which were...
  9. Revan

Guys, we made it to the 100th page 🥂 but still no Shenmue 4.
  10. Revan

As much as I would love them to, I am sceptical that SEGA will make another Shenmue game. They couldn’t do a proper remaster of 1 & 2 during a time when hype for Shenmue 3 was through the roof. The best they could do was put out buggy ports of the first two games and ask the fans to help them...
  11. Revan

Some quick initial thoughts: SEGA bringing back some Dreamcast bangers and other classic IPs was a great surprise. Of course, Shenmue 4 would’ve rocketed that new era line-up to a E3 2015 mythical status. Sad times. We get it Geoff! You’re friends with Kojima.
  12. Revan

I forget how good those scores actually were. My mistake. Think I was confusing this with the reception 1 & 2 received over the years, being branded as “boring”, “forklift simulators for assholes” etc. Agreed. It’s unfortunately right there in Cedric’s tweet. There could always be more than...
  13. Revan

Well, 3 years since the pitches started.
  14. Revan

Naturally, I'll continue to hope that one day we'll get a Shenmue 4. But damn, has that tweet really knocked my optimism. I can accept Shenmue 3 getting a mediocre reception. It happened to 1 and 2, so it was fully expected. I can just about accept season 2 of the anime getting canned, because...
  15. Revan

It is a real shame to hear from Cedric himself that nearly four years later, zero progress has been made on Shenmue 4. In fact, all they have to show for it are the pitch materials from 2020. That really stings. The problem is that YS Net want Shenmue to be this behemoth of a mainstream...
Back