Recent content by polyglot

1. P

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

It also brought tears to my eyes. I was so grateful. I really enjoyed Shenmue III. I was however reluctant to try the Story DLC due to all the posts that the Story DLC was hard to activate. So I never played the Story DLC. I recently decided to finally play the Story DLC. It activated without...
  2. P

Blu-Ray release for Shenners?

The thing I don't get is if it was well received and surpassed expectations, you would think that then it was profitable. At which point, what loss could you write-off?
  3. P

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

I guess it probably has to do with crunchy roll.
  4. P

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

I don't understand how they won't even release the English version on itunes in digital form. There are virtual no production costs to do that that I know of. It's not physical so it seems like extremely low hanging fruit. I had this on dvr but it expired.
  5. P

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The Shenmue link has been there for a long time. Glad they finally fixed the 404 for the link. It was a broken link for many months. I guess they just redirected to steam now. Some of us thought, the broken link meant they were launching a new version of the site for Shenmue 4. I guess not.
  6. P

I totally thought this was a reference to shenmue 3. Looking back on it, "fasten your seatbelts" seems like it is more of a hint on their car game.
  7. P

The Mirrors and Celestial Connections: In-Depth Analysis [Part One]

Someone asked during the lore video, why does Lan Di still continue forward, wasn't his revenge of his father's death enough? I started to wonder if there was a Chinese myth that Chiyou could raise the dead. So I've been pondering if Lan Di thinks he can bring his father back to life. Now I'm...
  8. P

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Speaking more about dragon references: From https://shenmue.fandom.com/wiki/Longsun_Zhao Longsun Zhao (Hànzì: 趙龍孫, Pinyin: Zhào Lóngsūn) Lóng (龍) is dragon. So Dragon is even in Lan Di's name. Looking up sūn (孫), I see that it is used in grandson. So my best guess is his name is like "Son of...
  9. P

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I've heard the number 9 is lucky in China, especially repeated. For example, 999.99 is a better than 1000 for a wedding gift. I just think there is a connection with 9 dragons, Jiu Feng, and Kowloon.
  10. P

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Not sure where to mention this, but I was watching the Shenmue Lore Investigation. Very interesting about all the references to dragons. I've been thinking this for awhile but I haven't seen anyone mention this. Kowloon : 九龍 is made up of 9 (九) and dragon (龍). We all know the phrases from...
  11. P

On top of this, he is holding the number 4 tilted sideways haha.
  12. P

This post with year of the snake (2025 release?). I didn't realize it was you Seaman. I mentioned this theory before :) https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?attachments/20220610_073524-jpg.16388/
  13. P

About that 2025 shenmue 4 release rumor. Someone posted a picture of Yu Suzuki on his birthday this year. He was holding a mug with a kanji for "Year of the Snake". And Year of the Snake is next in 2025.
  14. P

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I listen to the OST music while I do my Heisig Anki deck (Remembering the Kanji). :)
  15. P

Perhaps, I'm just wanting to stay hopeful, but I think Suzuki is trying his best. It could have been some 110 social media person wanting to spill the beans, and they had to be silenced. When Air Twister was announced, the first thing I thought was, maybe Yu Suzuki is making this game with...
Back