Recent content by orient

1. orient

Shenmue: Reclaiming the Path

Nice work 👏 Yeah, I think normals are a step too far for a game trying to recapture that Dreamcast-era look and feel. Colour lighting is all you need :cool:
  2. orient

Looks great! By "Dreamcast-ish" specs, I just meant lower poly assets more in line with S1/2. Awesome that you took actual S3 models and applied S2 textures! I guess with the lighting/shadow question, I was imagining that you can use assets from S2, but any real-time lighting/shadow is a...
  3. orient

Nice 👏 Are the geometry and textures taken from S2, with lighting/shadow handled by Unity? I assume there must be new assets made to Dreamcast-ish spec as well for Bailu, etc.? Even if a lot of them are ripped from S1/2?
  4. orient

Fantastic effort! Looking forward to experiencing a new story in the Shenmue universe 👌 This also has me dreaming of what these guys could do with "Shenmue III: Dreamcast Edition". It'd be a huge undertaking, of course, but if anyone can do it...🤷‍♂️ I think, even for those of us who really...
  5. orient

Shenmue Locations

I'm going to Hong Kong soon and where I'm staying is a 10min drive to Man Mo Temple. I gotta go...I'll try and wear my (broken-zipped :crying:) Shenmue hoodie and take some pics 🙂
  6. orient

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

As a way to revitalise the franchise, I'm certainly not opposed to a "Shenmue Zero". In fact, exploring Yamanose, Sakuragaoka, Dobuita, etc. with cutting-edge UE5 technology and a new prequel storyline, is almost as appealing to me as Shenmue IV. You could feature more of Ryo's school and...
  7. orient

[POLL] YS Net using AI to get Shenmue 4 made

I'm all for anything that makes the creation of S4 more efficient for YS Net, reducing costs and increasing the chances of the game being made. AI could be used in some way, but to be honest, the latest UE5 features seem more likely to save time and effort over generic AI tools, as they're...
  8. orient

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Not sure if anyone follows this travel channel but I was taken aback by how accurate Shenmue II still feels to modern-day Hong Kong, just in terms of atmosphere. Watch this and tell me you don't see Wan Chai with the steep stairs and planter boxes...most of the buildings are still the same...
  9. orient

Subtitle for Shenmue 4

Shenmue IV: Origins of the Reckoning: Reborn :unsure: Tests well with males 16 - 24.
  10. orient

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I was surprised an anime sweat droplet didn't appear on his forehead :ROFLMAO: I don't think it's enough to say they're 100% publishing S4, as you'd give a "no comment" if you were still working out a deal as well, but we know they're at least in talks. I think we've known that for a long while...
  11. orient

I'd have to listen to the interview again, but I had the impression it wasn't just dialogue that was cut at the beginning but some basic tutorial tasks Shenhua gave to Ryo such as picking herbs. That may provide a better explanation as to why the fades to black happened, but maybe not. Could've...
  12. orient

Yeah, as far as non-answers go, that one is pretty positive I'd say. I think it's a safe assumption that they've been in discussions with YS at the very least. Game deals fall through all the time, though, which is why companies aren't in the habit of giving things away too early. Even if...
  13. orient

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

There could actually be something to this :p They had to've paid a decent sum for Limited Run, which is a small company with very few people at the top (is my understanding). Josh has expressed his desire to support Shenmue in any way possible, including financially. So maybe?? He'd also have...
  14. orient

Shenmue : the animation merchandise

Are the pins still available and shippable to Australia? I missed this... I don't buy CD soundtracks anymore, but I'd 100% splash for a BluRay of the show 🙏
  15. orient

I think a lot of the throwaway comments you see online about S3 being a "major disappointment" or similar are mostly from A) people who just watched a few YouTube videos and were never that interested in the first place, and B) Kickstarter backers who maybe gave the game a few hours before...
Back