Recent content by Nick Hughes

1. N

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

To be honest, I’m not expecting anything Shenmue-related from the PlayStation State of Play. I’m not sure such an announcement would stand up to the level of hype for their blockbuster titles such as Spider-Man 2 etc. I hope, if anything is being worked on, it will be multi-platform this time...
  2. N

How easy would it be to say ‘yeah, that’s a rumour which has got well out of control. We have no involvement in any Shenmue game but hope one gets made some day’. He had the opportunity to clear it all up, thought about his answer carefully, and with his best attempt at a poker face, gave a...
  3. N

I can imagine plenty of benefits from some level of collaboration (sharing of ideas/tech) between companies even it’s not a full on co-development). After all, Ryan Payton provided input for the development of Shenmue 3 (and hopefully will again for future projects). Hopefully, Yu Suzuki is...
  4. N

I think 110 Industries were super excited to announce they were working with YS Net and then the plug was pulled so as not to distract from Air Twister (and probably because Yu/Cedric don’t want to release anything until they are 100% ready). There are plenty of trolls (so called ‘fans’) out...
  5. N

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

My feeling is, if Warner Media were the ones who blocked a second season, that opens up the possibility of others picking the show up. However, if as I suspect, the reason is that Crunchyroll share the rights, and have no interest in continuing (or allowing the competition to do so) then that...
  6. N

That isn’t how the question was worded. ‘Can you say matter-of-fact that you’re NOT working on Shenmue 4?’ The question was specific to 110 Industries. It would have been very easy to answer that they weren’t involved in any way. Which they didn’t.
  7. N

They easily could have said ‘we have no involvement with any Shenmue project’. They are being very precise with their wording not to dismiss the possibility of Shenmue 4 (and their involvement with it). Something is going on. Yes, there’s a few thousand of us that are frustrated that it won’t...
  8. N

A few more to consider. Dreamcast Guy is definitely a fan. Then a couple of larger, less obvious channels have made videos praising the Shenmue games- The Normies AustinMcConnell
  9. N

Top Hat Gaming is a big Shenmue fan and has a fairly sizeable following. Not sure how well placed he’d be for a ‘serious’ video about Shenmue the Animation, though.
  10. N

Blu-Ray release for Shenners?

Yes, I desperately want 1080p options for owning the series. I’m not sure how much longer I want to be subscribing to Crunchyroll if, as I strongly suspect, they are one of the key obstacles preventing a second season being made.
  11. N

If/when we get any sort of announcement of Shenmue 4, it will only be when YS Net are ready. Mistakes were made with publicity of Shenmue 3 and I’m certain Cedric and Yu will be determined to avoid further such costly errors. I genuinely believe 110 Industries are working with YS Net on...
  12. N

All of the Crunchyroll collaborations are being removed from Adult Swim? Makes me wonder whether Crunchyroll were a stumbling block in allowing Adult Swim to continue these without them(?) Either way thanks to Jason for everything he’s done for the cause and we hope for more Shenmue content in...
  13. N

Who knows what the situation is? 110 Industries knew what they were doing when they teased Shenmue fans those few months ago. They are clearly close with Yu Suzuki from the evidence of last year’s presentation. I do wonder whether Red Goes Faster could be a YS Net game but I’m not sure the...
  14. N

Blu-Ray release for Shenners?

Even if Sega don’t expect it to be a massive seller, they should just do a limited collector’s edition for those of us that want it. Also, it would be great for it to be available to stream on Amazon. I’d happily pay for both physical and digital releases.
  15. N

If or when they are working on something, the first reveal will need to be properly polished. Even if a game is 18-24 months from release, there’s no question they will need to show this is a clear visual step up from Shenmue 3, just to quieten the haters who were unforgiving of the Kickstarter...
Back