Recent content by Niaxi

1. Niaxi

Differences Between the Anime and the Games (SPOILERS!)

So, I just binged the whole anime over the past 2 days and I'm slightly confused by what some ppl in this thread are saying in regards to the purpose of the mirrors and that the only explanation we got was Zhu's; that they serve as a key to unlock the treasures to resurrect the Qing dynasty...
  2. Niaxi

Battle Rally DLC next week!

This dlc sounds totally bonkers and completely defies my expectations. I was expecting the battle rally content to be free battle based, not racing! While my initial reaction was wtf, I quickly reminded myself that this is Shenmue that we're dealing with, the rpg series that has already given us...
  3. Niaxi

Did anyone run across this NPC scene in Niaowu? Its kinda rare

What makes it a Shenmue moment, for me anyway, is because it is something that you could easily come across in real life. It adds depth and a sense that the world is alive with real people in it, that are living their lives. Will not discussing this moment in particular, the subject of Shenmue...
  4. Niaxi

How many treasure map on bell tower

I pointed this out in another thread and you are right, there are definitely two scrolls; one per dragon. I don't know if they were initially supposed to have two scrolls for the map or if the devs simply made one dragon model and copied it without removing the scroll from it's mouth. Either is...
  5. Niaxi

Did anyone run across this NPC scene in Niaowu? Its kinda rare

Never saw this myself, but a very Shenmue moment. I know someone will probably soon bang on about how they should have spent more time on the main story ya de ya de ya, but to me, it's moments like this that make Shenmue what it is. I love the main story of the series, but if that's all the devs...
  6. Niaxi

Shenhua is reading a very strange book

I saw this myself on my first night in Niaowu, however, only ever saw Shenhua sleeping after that. As for what it is, I assumed it was just an Easter egg of some sort, with no actual meaning. Given that there might have been some polish members of the dev team, it was probably one of them that...
  7. Niaxi

How did Niao Sun know Ryo was after Lan Di?

I completely forgot about Terry's line to Ryo about Chai leading Lan Di to the boat. It does throw up a bit of a continuity issue in the first game. Perhaps it's one of this faux pas that we'll just have to ignore.
  8. Niaxi

What have we learned in Shenmue I, II, and III?

I've also been mulling over the idea that the emperors actions (having the mirrors created) may have been in response to something far older that he had become aware about. That way the poem talking about something fortold since ancient times could still marry up with the mirrors only being just...
  9. Niaxi

Capsule Toys!

I really liked the costing tiers of the capsule toys in Shenmue III. I'd like to see that continued in IV. I'd also love to see a return to the Sega toys, if financially viable. Jet Grind Radio and Panzer Dragoon would be personal picks. However, if it will cost too much, then I'm happy to stick...
  10. Niaxi

Can we do a power rankings thread?

As a kid, I had to repeatedly run around to try and scrape together some health so I could keep chipping away at his. Possibly the best thing Shenmue II did for combat was introduce the enemy health meter. Not knowing how close the bosses in the first game were to death was a pain.
  11. Niaxi

Can we do a power rankings thread?

This is probably a gameplay related point, but for me, Pedro Warren always gives me a much harder time than Rod, Greg or Chunyan. Is he in their league, probably not. Granted it probably shows progression for Ryo that Pedro's such a pain in the arse in Shenmue 1, but would probably pose little...
  12. Niaxi

Is 4 going to be an expansion for 3 ?

Unfortunately, the assets they have for Baishi may not be suitable for Shenmue 4, depending on what sort of areas Yu-san had planned for that game. Giving that the main story beats from Baishi may well have all been covered in the fortified castle ending to 3, the actually area may now have been...
  13. Niaxi

What have we learned in Shenmue I, II, and III?

While I agree to an extent, I don't think it is fair to class Master Chen and Lan Di as MacGuffins. In Shenmue I, Master Chen is very important in relation to that particular games story, if not the series as a whole. And Lan Di has been the whole motivation for Ryo since the start of the...
  14. Niaxi

List of what we learn in Shenmue 3

To me the in interrogation scene suggested that she did something abnormal to Yanling. The setup of the scene, camera shot and music did not indicate they were going for some cute girl turns scary anime trope. Shenhua has always come across as an 'abnormal' individual and Shenmue 3, as others...
  15. Niaxi

Where's Xiuying?

Where did you find them?
Back