Recent content by Mr Sun

1. M

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

I'm thinking they're just going to build up to a big emotional scene with Nozimi next episode, (probably with some version of the confession, like you say) and may even get in a version of the photograph/s taken at the harbour. Would make sense narratively for this to be a memento for Ryo...
  2. M

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

To be honest we may well get more story than expected next episode. It looks like they're condensing the nozomi rescue, Guizhang fight and 70 man battle into one big sequence, but surely that won't take a full 23 minutes. It may well be that there is a bit of pay off with Mark (maybe a new...
  3. M

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

Yeah that's awesome, and makes sense to me as I was wondering why Lan Di was still hanging around Yokosuka after killing Iwao if he already found out about Yuanda Zhu back in China. Seems like this restaurant scene follows on from Lan Di telling the suit in episode 1 to find the other mirror...
  4. M

The moment we've all been waiting for!!!
  5. M

Yeah. Meant to say it's more subtextual in the games, but they've done well to dramatise this stuff in the way they have considering the format: prioritising character arcs, setup and payoff etc.
  6. M

Damn good episode overall. I think key for me is expanding on the Guizhang/master Chen relationship, and the more explicit framing of the Chens' "illicit organisation" compared to the games. The way in which "underworld" is used in this episode also kind of feels symbolic of the Guizhang/master...
  7. M

So as expected, ign Fan Fest have revealed a new scene, albeit from tomorrow's episode. So some people may want to wait for the episode instead at this stage. However, there's a personal introduction and message by Yu as well - Skip to 1hr 28 minutes in if you want to see the footage (right...
  8. M

Also it's a small touch, but I like how Ryo appears to be using the pink phone by the stand on Dobuita Street to make the call - whilst technically its possible to ring from the Dojo, (and presumably the pay phone near Sakura Park), most players will have used this phone I think due to proximity...
  9. M

Nice - just went back out of curiosity to check the original scene in S1 and its pretty damn close.
  10. M

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

They even make Yamagishi San even *more* of a badass in this, as he says that Iwao used to ask him about the "old martial arts" as Iwao didn't know much about them. Yamagishi was basically a tutor to Iwao! (Unless this was in the game already, but I don't remember it).
  11. M

Occurs to me now that the "University conversations" in this episode between Ryo and Nozomi, and Nozomi worrying about whether Ryo will go to uni (and with her), are kind of the anime version of the cutscene after the tattoo parlor in S1
  12. M

Some more observations: - In Nozomi's room when we see the photograph of ryo and pals, there is actually an interesting section of a photo above/behind it. It looks like Ryo on the left, with a dark haired girl wearing pink gloves with a finger raised like she's scolding him. You think that's...
  13. M

2nd watch done, and whilst I expect I have a bunch more things to say about this episode, for now I just wanted to say this: Yamagishi san saying to Ryo that he is, "having a drink with Iwao" after Iwao's death is the kind of deep cut that shows that the team behind this understand the depth of...
  14. M

Another great episode. Loved seeing the s3 characters, although they are really going hard on the prophecy - seems like it has bookended both episodes now, and 2 in a row where we have the shenmue music and prophecy playing over the final scene. Will be curious if this continues, although hard...
Back