Recent content by Mole

1. M

leak and spoil

For those coming in late, and not able to see the date, the poster is a guy named Kenzo, who posted this to fuck with people.
  2. M

Shenmue 4 Rumour on 4Chan

So you didn't make it, @Kenzo38130? Some rando on the discord made it? Was it a common poster or another throw away account?
  3. M

12 Riveting Shenmue Development Revelations | Morio Ashizuka

I still think Ryo's gonna get betrayed in Shenmue 4 by Ren. And he kidnaps Shenhua. Because...idk. He gets seduced by money?
  4. M

Supernatural beings / time travel in future Shenmue games

Where did you get the last image from? That spider-dude freaks me out. 0-0 For the first few images, I always thought they were of a Puppet. You can see a dude holding it, if you look closely. But for the last one? I have no justification. Seems to be a guy riding a Spider. Why, tho? Is Ryo...
  5. M

Would Shenmue have more success on the Saturn?

Found it! It was issue 11, page 11 (of the pdf). However, the "only 1 in 100 programmers" quote isn't quite accurate. I'm not sure what the original source of the "Trying to program two CPUs" thing is, however. Perhaps it's an another issue? Either way...it is weird to see Suzuki rebutting...
  6. M

Would Shenmue have more success on the Saturn?

Do you have a source for this? This is the first time I've ever read this. Unless I just read and forgot it.
  7. M

If Shenmue had been a Saturn Release what do you think would have been sacrificed?

Combat is a important point, as none of the footage for the Shenmue Saturn version shows combat at all, it's just exploring and cutscenes. You'd think that they'd want to show intense battles to show off how powerful the Saturn was, right? Yet, it's completely absent, and even the cutscenes...
  8. M

Saturn Shenmue

You're gonna need a lot of good luck in tracking people down! It's surprising how many people involved in game development back then have gone off the grid since then. I think it's more due to mundane reasons (name changes, career changes, retirement, ect) than shame or blacklisting, tho...
  9. M

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Uh, IDK if this is the best place to post this, but I saw someone (Yokosuka) on the old Dojo forums mentioning that the Chinese Fandom translated the "VFRPG archives?" ...Does anyone know what the heck this is talking about???
  10. M

Where did these pictures come from?

There are four more of them around, I posted them on the Legend of Akira topic a bit back. Here's an old DOJO thread with all of them on one post. (And in better quality). They come from a leaked CD-ROM (IIRC?) of the Tower Of Babel tech demo. It was made to show off the power of the Dreamcast...
  11. M

The ending of Shenmue

Well, Shenmue did start out as a VF Akira spin-off, and Akira is a guy who travels and fights around the world. And it seems the story stayed very faithful to its conception, even after it changed from VF to an original IP. If it was meant to be a canonical prequel, then the traveling warrior...
  12. M

Questions for a Potential Yu Suzuki Written Interview

I apologize for the issues I caused last page. I didn't mean to come off as being controlling. I was just worried about how some of the questions relating to S3's unused content felt, tone-wise. (Like the one asking about why certain developers who were mentioned in the kickstarter weren't as...
  13. M

Questions for a Potential Yu Suzuki Written Interview

Can we cool it on the cut content questions? I feel like it's highly unlikely that he would answer them. He could be planning them for S4, he could've already forgotten about them, or he would find it rude to ask him so much about the failures of S3. I think he would prefer to talk about stuff...
  14. M

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

None of these games have their developer studios announced yet. Just thought that was interesting. They're keeping the cards close to their chests.
  15. M

Project berkely akira in his traditional virtual fighter outfit

Akira was always intended to start Shenm-erm, Akira's Story in a non-gi. The fact he's wearing one in that trailer suggests either A. This part of the story (Kowloon?) was when he would don it, or B. The animators just felt like using that model instead of the white shirt one for whatever...
Back