Recent content by mjqjazzbar

1. mjqjazzbar

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

PDS would be amazing. I sold my copy for around $200 years ago and I thought I made a killing at the time. I was sort of over video games at the time (was starting college) and didn't think it'd bother me if I got rid of it... Seems it's selling for over a grand these days. Yikes. I was lucky...
  2. mjqjazzbar

I’d keep my expectations low especially since it’s unlikely and Josh didn’t weigh in or tease otherwise.
  3. mjqjazzbar

Rumours of a new Virtua Fighter to be revealed at the Game Awards.

I am very excited about this. So much could go wrong, but there’s every chance they finally strike the balance between style and substance. That’s how these rumors read to me. VF is the only fighting game series I’ve played hours of. The others fade quickly, once you get over the supers and...
  4. mjqjazzbar

I didn’t realize Sega released a new version of VF3 TB in Japan, arcade only, or that it’s currently one of the most popular competitive fighting games in Japan as well. Yu Suzuki still killing it with the only 90s 3D fighting game series with 32-bit era entries that still look good and play...
  5. mjqjazzbar

I think VF6 could be huge if they let RGG run wild with the storylines and cinematics. That’s the style the series has always lacked covered. Not that I mind the “lack of style,” since the gameplay is so good and pure. I know that’s an issue for the mainstream gamers. I also think the first two...
  6. mjqjazzbar

The cynic in me says YS isn’t involved in VF6 because it’s too good to be true, but he did say something about Esports a year or two ago in an interview… That’s about all I’ve got. Would keep him from putting much time into Shenmue, though.
  7. mjqjazzbar

If we're hoping for Air Twister to be Shenmue IV's savior, I'd hope for something else. I don't think it sold much at all, nor did I expect it to. It's a weirdo niche game.
  8. mjqjazzbar

YsNet outclassed by Ninja Theory?

Your whole thing seems to be spouting a bunch of nonsense, honestly. You doing ok?
  9. mjqjazzbar

I liked it enough to finish it, just doesn’t come to mind when I think of Shenmue.
  10. mjqjazzbar

I played Hellblade years ago. It takes four or five hours to complete and features a pretty repetitive gameplay loop. I remember it looking and sounding pretty cool but having pretty weak gameplay, basically rock paper scissors combat.
  11. mjqjazzbar

So they want to add magic/specials to VF. That doesn’t sound so good to me.
  12. mjqjazzbar

Isn’t the big Sega announcement today?
  13. mjqjazzbar

I think they did more than merely iterate on it. VF5 appears to be the favorite VF game these days and I’m not sure what’s original and what’s new. Obviously he created the franchise and they’ve maintained his vision with the most balanced fighting game in existence, but I’m curious if the...
  14. mjqjazzbar

YS is a living legend and my favorite developer, so don’t take this the wrong way. He didn’t work on VF5. How much of the engine in VF5 was brand new vs built on the prior 4 games? I imagine VF6 will be even farther removed from YS’s oversight. I don’t see how you can make a claim Sega’s...
  15. mjqjazzbar

Why do we think Yu Suzuki is working on VF? That’s a great idea, but that’ll be the end of Shenmue. They have to spend a lot of time balancing and perfecting those games… I don’t think we’ll ever see YS and Sega together again, personally.
Back