Recent content by MetalSonic

1. MetalSonic

Blu-Ray release for Shenners?

At this point, all we know is that we know nothing. 😅 We just have to keep the faith and do our best so that the game and the animated series are not forgotten. Today, there are Shenmue fans in all the high places, so you never know when someone manages to use their influence and make a...
  2. MetalSonic

I have always wondered: is a blu-ray considered merchandising? We don't know the exact details of that deal with Sega, so merchandising could very well just be action figures, clothing, posters, that sort of thing, and not the series itself in a physical copy. As far as I know, when you buy a...
  3. MetalSonic

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that the series was created in a partnership between Crunchyroll and Adult Swim, and now that partnership has gone down the drain. Maybe they also don't want to be promoting a series that they know will have no future and in which they lost all interest...
  4. MetalSonic

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

The show is 1080p, which is the default resolution of any "regular" Blu-ray. Only "Ultra HD Blu-ray" supports 4K resolution (2160p), and it's a different disc format that only the most recent players can read (current gen consoles, for example). Looking at the thickness of the lines, I believe...
  5. MetalSonic

I still haven't found a blu-ray authoring software that lets me customize things the way I want, or I would have already made a bootleg blu-ray (even if only for myself). Sadly, all the ones I tested only allowed me to use cheesy templates that look like they were made in 2001. 😫 I already have...
  6. MetalSonic

This keeps getting worse and worse... 😩
  7. MetalSonic

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

I just received my copy in Portugal! It was a long wait, but worth it! 😁 The package was sent by someone in Portugal. Many thanks to whoever it was! 🤟
  8. MetalSonic

Can't say I'm surprised... but it sucks anyway. 😩 It's bad news after bad news. My heart can't take it anymore. 😵
  9. MetalSonic

That is something! 😌 For almost a year, this is the first time we have anything remotely resembling good news. Let's keep the faith! 🙏
  10. MetalSonic

So... at this point is there still any hope for a blu-ray release or streaming/download of the dubbed version? I didn't want to give up hope, but at this point I'm starting to think the chances are very slim... 😑 I still have this version I downloaded and re-synced last May and, as far as I...
  11. MetalSonic

Everything just keeps proving that canceling the anime was a huge mistake. It's unbelievable. It breaks my heart that so many people have now been introduced to Shenmue, only to end up sharing the same pain fans have experienced over the years. We've always wanted to bring Shenmue to a wider...
  12. MetalSonic

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Came here to mention the same thing. 😆 It's always great to see new Shenmue merch coming out, but personally I'm not very impressed with this pin. I love pins, but it lacks color and it seems too big for my taste. I think I'll let this one go.
  13. MetalSonic

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

Gamespot posted an article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-anime-series-canceled/1100-6507932/ But unfortunately, the comments on social media are what we would expect: - People who hate Shenmue and who say it must be as boring as the games - People that assume that if it was...
  14. MetalSonic

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

If by the end of the year there is still no legal way to buy the series in both the JP and EN versions, I'm seriously thinking about finding a way to share my "bootleg" version. I can't stand these business models where the consumer doesn't own anything he paid for. Legal downloads without DRM...
  15. MetalSonic

I'm in shock. Such terrible news. 😢 It seems like they made the anime just to have the opportunity to cancel S3 one more time and torture the fans even more. At this point, this is just cruelty. 😩
Back