Recent content by Lord Ludichris

1. Lord Ludichris

My impressions so far as a new fan

Oh damn, the only time I had to resort to using a walkthrough in Shenmue II was for the QTEs in Kowloon, they were so tricky that I had to be able to time them in advance, I'm feeling like the timing window for sparring moves is a bit random and I am fearing that later in the game it'll just get...
  2. Lord Ludichris

I first played Shenmue I and II on my xbox one purely out of curiosity. I usually am a pretty impatient gamer but I enjoyed this way more than I expected and think Yu Suzuki pulled off this style of gameplay perfectly. There are very few adventure games that hit quite like Shenumue. I'd play...
  3. Lord Ludichris

Shenmue III is already known to be a controversial sequel. I'm a newer fan of the series and my friend finally lent me his PS4, this means I finally have the chance to play this. After a number of hours of playing this, I would say that the story progression is pretty much fine, I especially...
  4. Lord Ludichris

Trying to get into RPGs

I've wanted to try Skies of Arcadia for a long time but I need to wait until I have enough money for a Dreamcast copy or a remaster
  5. Lord Ludichris

Trying to get into RPGs

As far as I understand, many of us would refrain from calling Shenmue an RPG. And a lot of non-RPG fans do like Shenmue. Something I don't quite understand though is how there are several unanimously loved games that are much more slow-paced, naivigating and dialogue orientated than Shenmue but...
  6. Lord Ludichris

Finally getting the opportunity to play Shenmue III

Shenmue II at least from my point of view did have a more intense cliff hanger than Shenmue I. I've heard that S3 also has a cliff hanger but in the meantime I've just done my best to avoid any spoilers of it at all costs. I first played I&II on Xbox One around August 2021 and greatly enjoyed...
  7. Lord Ludichris

Games Similar to Shenmue??

Funny enough Bully is another one of my favourite games of all time which I played before Shenmue. This must be why I loved Shenmue so much. Bully certainly is a great 3D open world adventure game and I feel like there's not enough games like this. Grand Theft Auto will always be classic but it...
  8. Lord Ludichris

Shenmue III on Xbox...

Well my friend who has a PS5 now says he MIGHT give me his PS4 once he's finished with a few saved games. I'll be pretty eager to have it for Shenmue III if so. While a PS4 release of Shenmue IV may not be guaranteed, I presume it will since there are loads of triple A games being released for...
  9. Lord Ludichris

Shenmue III on Xbox...

I suppose you're right, if Shenmue came out before I was born and that most fans had to wait 18 years for Shenmue III, there's no reason I can't wait a little bit longer for it
  10. Lord Ludichris

Shenmue III on Xbox...

It's really not an easy decision, I remember when the PS4 came out PS3s were discounted heavily but the PS4 isn't like this, probably because few people have a proper reason to get a PS5
  11. Lord Ludichris

Shenmue III on Xbox...

Since I'm an xbox player I probably will need to get into PC gaming to play it, the last thing I want is that I get a PS4 to play S3, only for then Shenmue IV to only come out on PS5
  12. Lord Ludichris

My shenmue experience

Yeah I'm just still waiting for it under the basis that Yu Suzuki has promised the fans that the story will be finished, while the animation looks promising, it really wouldn't be right to end the saga in something other than a video game.
  13. Lord Ludichris

My shenmue experience

Oh yeah, I've generally avoided watching any reviews or massively detailed videos about Shenmue III since I want as little spoilers as possible but the trailer does look pretty and more like Shenmue made for 8th gen consoles more than anthing else. One guy even told me he just watched the whole...
  14. Lord Ludichris

My shenmue experience

Good day, everyone. I apologise if introduction posts are not a convention on this forum but I'm Ludo. I come from England and speak English as my native language but can also speak Welsh and am learning Dutch. I became a Shenmue fan because of the remasters, I almost dismissed it because of...
  15. Lord Ludichris

Learning Cantonese

Plenty of people here will have learned Japanese and I presume there's a handful of native speakers. But as someone who is very interested in Hong Kong and absolutely loves the way Shenmue II portrayed it, I'd love to learn Cantonese more than any other language at the moment. Is anyone here...
Back