Recent content by gdust

1. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I found this very strange writing on the wall of the chapel in Kowloon (I think it was the Thousand White Bldg?). It appears to be some kind of scriptures. It says "A happy new year Today is fine Gone with window, A happy new year. Today is fine. Gone with window. Refining (?) the Vegetables...
  2. G

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I was really disappointed to find that I couldn't transfer from I/II to III at least money and date transfer would have been cool
  3. G

I'm wondering why they didn't implement the feature in Shenmue 3 to transfer game data (money, capsule toys etc) from S1/2 like in Shenmue 1 to 2 remaster ???
  4. G

Cities that would suit a Future Shenmue game perfectly.

That city along the mountanous river is also on this youtube channel. China has some very uniquie towns. I had never even heard of such places before, such as a city on top of a mountain, or narrowly built along a river between mountains.
  5. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

You're right I should have looked at that first :LOL: The 2 scrolls though,that one is harder to figure out. Random thought: I have been thinking about how Kowloon's buildings interiors are like liminal spaces. They're sooo creepy. It's my least favorite part of the series. One of my most...
  6. G

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

Shenmue 1 on PC is great with Special K textures. But when I tried playing Shenmue 2 with Special K, it kept crashing, so I played it vanilla. I'd recommend Shenmue 1 with Special K though, if you've already played through the game before. But if you have never played Shenmue, then I'd recommend...
  7. G

Bailu village is one of my favorite parts of the series. I really liked the gathering plants, fishing, and catching chickens parts.
  8. G

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

You could tell people that it's like travelling to Japan and China. The story also is still one of the best. I can't think of another game with a more riveting story. Also S1 is better than 2 cause it emulates life better. I actually had fun driving the forklift. I even got a forklift license...
  9. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I found that one in the SEGA machine finally. Now Im missing 2 scrolls here. I think the 3rd green one is the one Xiuying gives him. :disrelieved: Ok I think I heard that those 2 are in lucky hit stands. Totally missed them.
  10. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Thanks for the info. I got the clear one on the first try when I just went to the one in front of Ren's hideout. 0_0 But I must say, the capsule collecting thing is something that I really don't like in Shenmue... It's so tedious... And trying to complete the collection is sooo boring Now Im...
  11. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

What set is this missing dural a part of? VF2 or Kids or ??? I can't seem to find it any where in teh capsule machines
  12. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Yes lol. I cant for the life of me remember that being in teh xbox version. I dont think the alleys are that narrow that they had to use that camera mode.
  13. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I don't remember it in my playthroughs on xbox but that was like 20 years ago so I must have forgotten. What an awful camera mode though. I was so confused lol
  14. G

Random Shenmue Thoughts

The first person fight mode at the Heavens base in Shenmue 2 must be a glitch?
  15. G

What is everyone's favourite generation for gaming?

Same with OP, 1999 - 2007 My fav 90s/2000s games, besides Shenmue, some of which have been remastered: Star Ocean 2 (ps1) SaGa Frontier (ps1 / steam/ps4 remaster) Final Fantasy V (snes / steam remaster) Final Fantasy VII - IX (ps1) Monster Rancher 1-2 (ps1 and steam remaster) The Sims 2 (PC -...
Back