Recent content by Dewey

1. D

Shenmue Dragon And Phoenix Collection

https://discord.gg/yM24FhMTsa give this one a shot
  2. D

Forklift, a Shenmue mod loader

Yeah, it's been doing that for a long time. I kinda like it though, gives me a quick and reliable indicator that forklift is working before the game loads
  3. D

Development Log #4

Oh we're always looking for opinions and nitpicks, don't take anything I say as discounting what you have to say or saying "we won't do this", I'm just saying "be prepared for things to not look super identical, there's only so much we can do"
  4. D

We really have no strict release window in mind, the only answer we can give without being dishonest is "when it's ready" that could be 6 months from now, it could be 2 years from now. Remember, we're all doing this in our spare time, and we're trying to make this as high quality a project as...
  5. D

Development Log #4

Well with atmosphere, as much as we can recreate, there's a lot we're limited on, as raytracing makes it harder to stylize things along the same lines. That being said, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I do feel the need to say that this is all still WIP so literally everything you see...
  6. D

Shenmunity - Shenmue in Unity

Nope, not on this one. Take a look at Dragon & Phoenix collection though; similar concept, different engine, much further along in terms of development.
  7. D

***REQUEST*** Shenmue 1 & II for Linux STEAM & Install Guide.(Request even if you don't use Linux so that Linux users can play the game as well.)

I'll have to try it out later; but I'm willing to bet it's marked playable now because the launcher works, finally (no idea if it actually does, I'm just guessing it does). That was the big issue, the actual S1/S2 executables worked just fine, FAudio worked for audio if you set it up yourself...
  8. D

So, first off, I want to preface this by saying that this is all still a plan, and hasn't been implemented yet, so please, let us know how you feel about it. Alright, the basic idea is that you'll have a stamina gauge of some sort, that will slowly decrease throughout the day, not unlike...
  9. D

Can't really say yes or no. It's something we've been discussing as to what that would even look like in 2021. The very concept of the Passport disc is a bit outdated in terms of game design, and most of the "extra content" (like the scenes with Mark and Xiuying and whatnot) may not be...
  10. D

Post Your Shenmue Collection

There's also an additional copy of What's Shenmue that I can't seem to find at the moment. EDIT: Just realized I also forgot my Shenhua capsule toy.
  11. D

Development Log #2

Well what fun is it if we just tell you? Look closer.
  12. D

Development Log #2

We are doing the former. In the video, before playback starts, if you look on the right hand side of the screen, I highlight a box that says "0017_020.SND". This is pointing Unreal Engine towards the actual .SND file from the games, not a recording of it.
  13. D

Development Log #2

Hello and welcome to today’s entry in the development log for Shenmue: Dragon & Phoenix Collection. My name is Dewey, and today, we’re going to be discussing the audio in Shenmue. Now, as with any game, audio such as music and sound effects play a large role in the general atmosphere the...
  14. D

[RELEASE] Shenmue Audio Restoration Project - Shenmue English & Japanese Dub - Shenmue II English

It won't, at least not by me. I was saying I never finished working on the Japanese dub, because I've been working on the Dragon & Phoenix Collection instead, but the higher quality dubs will be a part of Dragon & Phoenix collection. I can't guarantee better quality dialogue than the original...