Recent content by Darkside_Hazuki

1. Darkside_Hazuki

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

I think this is a great question to get people talking about what kind of quality they expect in the fight scenes of a "martial arts anime". Me personally, I don't associate "good fights" with how long or short they are, but with how great they look. As in how fluent the motions of the...
  2. Darkside_Hazuki

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

If this show brings in any revenue then I hope Suzuki uses the whole $20 to start production on the Shenmue 4 video game, because I sure as hell wouldn't want to see the Shenmue story continue with another low-budget Telecom production like this. Until now it was Ys Net that gave us the most...
  3. Darkside_Hazuki

What's the relevance of the plane flying overhead in Shenmue 2?

To trigger the plane it shouldn't matter what direction you're facing, you just have to be somewhere near the bottom of that staircase. And you have to make sure you're not running, be sure to walk or just stand still. In that clip the person playing is actually letting off of the Run button...
  4. Darkside_Hazuki

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Man, these were the days. Seemed like so long ago. *cue Iwao flashback music*
  5. Darkside_Hazuki

Black Hawk Prize , Termite Mushroom phone card, Elephant Phone card ??

Thanks for the info on the Black Hawk, folks. I was doing a great job 100%ing this game but I hit a dead end when I couldn't find this damn thing, and I wasted even more time trying to get it to appear at the arcade because I didn't know that doing forklift jobs gets you more Chobu Fighter cabs...
  6. Darkside_Hazuki

What have you never achieved in either game, but really want to?

Geez, I just dealt with this. Tonight (well, more like this morning as of now) I spent like three hours trying to get both of the Lucky Hit Challenge scrolls while watching old New Japan Pro Wrestling episodes. In that time I couldn't even get one of them. I'm trying all sorts of shit I've read...
  7. Darkside_Hazuki

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

In Shenmue 2 I'm like three character interactions away from leaving for Kowloon, I decide to catch one last airliner scene in the Wise Men's Qr. just for old time's sake....but instead I see five jets from Afterburner fly over. Hooooly shit, I never knew about that. I web search it and now I...
  8. Darkside_Hazuki

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I tried that almost immediately because I REALLY wanted that to work versus having to exit the Qr. but it didn't work for me. However give it another shot and see if you get different results. Once I found the save, quit, reload method I stuck with that. I try to save up every minute since I'm...
  9. Darkside_Hazuki

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Good info. Just gonna add some more to this: Sparring with Jiamin is a great place to strengthen arm & leg moves early in the game. Every 2 times you execute a move it'll increase in strength by a sliver. This is much less of a hassle than Shenmue 1 where it would take 10 reps to strengthen a...
  10. Darkside_Hazuki

How do I do the Fangmei's birthday event?

Necro bumping this since I'm looking up old threads about this stuff. I'm pulling info from all sorts of forums & FAQs so I keep hearing different walkthroughs and theories. Big thanks to @DigitalDuck and everyone else for the good stuff! I just had this happen to me, so I re-loaded an old save...
  11. Darkside_Hazuki

RUMOR CONTROL: Nozomi's Photo, Try-Z, the "Old Warehouse No. 8" trick, Sparring and more

Made an update to the "Demon Drop" section after someone told me Chai kept escaping Demon Drop after they did a parry, but he was using the R2-button shortcut to do Demon Drop. I looked into this and it turns out setting your R2 button to do Demon Drop (especially after a parry) is a bad idea...
  12. Darkside_Hazuki

What have you never achieved in either game, but really want to?

Holy shit, man. You've got to get on that. With enough practice anyone can do it. Just learn to quickly input the throw "Demon Drop" (back,back+Throw), stay calm, use Parry, and then after a parry let it rip. If you're a badass you can Demon Drop him right when he stands up. I don't recommend...
  13. Darkside_Hazuki

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Wow, all these years and I never knew that there was a point in the game where you could go back inside Heartbeats Bar and freely walk around. Before this I thought the only thing that happens is Ryo knocks on the front door and then the angry bartender pops his head out to tell him to fuck off...
  14. Darkside_Hazuki

RUMOR CONTROL: Nozomi's Photo, Try-Z, the "Old Warehouse No. 8" trick, Sparring and more

Thanks for the feedback. I took another crack at this subject to double-check my work and here's what I got. The best thing about going over this stuff again is that somewhere in the middle I learned something new! So here's my theory on Sparring sessions and I'll talk a bit about how I tested...
  15. Darkside_Hazuki

The Swallow Dive.

The moderate version does have a nasty looking face-first knockdown that I really dig, but for winning fights I agree: the learning version seems much better in speed & circular-range which made it great for fighting groups. I feel like moderate Swallow Dive should've been moderate Surplice...
Back