Recent content by Captain Floofy

1. Captain Floofy

Stuff that reminds you of Shenmue...

Since I'm currently super obsessed with Shenmue and I'm playing the games on repeat and listening to the music all the time, I can make almost anything remind me of Shenmue. When I go into the 7 Eleven or the Petro-Canada I think of them as watered-down Tomato convenience stores, and downtown...
  2. Captain Floofy

Aberdeen, Wan Chai, Kowloon, or Guilin?

Wan Chai for me. There's a lot to explore and some great background music. Kowloon always felt too dull and austere for me and you don't really get to see much of Guilin beyond the mountains and that small village, while Aberdeen is basically a smaller Wan Chai.
  3. Captain Floofy

Shenmue Music

I always thought it was "I don't know what I have heal! I don't know what I have kill!"
  4. Captain Floofy

Shenmue Music

My favourites are Nozomi's theme, Shenhua's themes (specifically the one that plays in the cutscene on the Shenmue II menu and on the selection menu for the Steam version), Memories of Distant Past, the Tomato mart theme, Hip De Hop, the Barry Jones theme, Working Man, the docks theme from II...
  5. Captain Floofy

A fan that bashes shenmue?

His comments about the characters really piss me off. I admittedly found Ryo somewhat dull when I first started playing, though I've since warmed up to him. His depiction of Nozomi absolutely crosses the line in my opinion, as you get an amazing sense of who she is just by the interactions and...
  6. Captain Floofy

Your shenmue discovery story

I was introduced to the game by my friend (who posts here but I don't know his username). We met in a Japanese class and he told me about Shenmue, which was his favourite game growing up. Once it came to Steam, I bought the 1 and 2 package in December and I've been hooked ever since. My friend...
  7. Captain Floofy

How do I get the audio fix mod to work properly?

The sound keeps cutting out randomly like a CD skipping. At times the soundtrack is ok but the crowd noise will be glitchy. I am running version 1.07 through Windows 10 and my computer has intel processors, 8 GB RAM, a 64 bit operating system, an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family card, and Realtek...
  8. Captain Floofy

How do I get the audio fix mod to work properly?

Hi all, I'm new to Shenmue, having just downloaded it on Steam. I am loving the game and its soundtrack, but I am having serious issues with the sound. I even downloaded the Nexus Shenmue Audio mod and put it in the game files, but it still isn't working. Can anyone help me?
Back