Recent content by BrightestEffluence

1. BrightestEffluence

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

I cannot bring myself to continue Shemue 2 as the tedium of its gameplay is not worth agonizing through. I patiently endured and enjoyed even the fork lift section of the first game because the investment to continue was much stronger (better hooks, better foundation, better experience).
  2. BrightestEffluence

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

I think the 'powers reversed' motif, though intended to highlight the points you mentioned, aren't done very well in the exchange between Ryo and Xiuying. I find its handling contrived when 1. It doesn't feel earned for Ryo at that point in the story to be knocked down a peg by a master and 2...
  3. BrightestEffluence

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

Thank you very much for your insightful response. I respect what you say and perhaps my greatest downfall is that I fell in love with Shenmue 1 and expected more of that in the sequel. I completely understand being disorientated by Hong Kong, that makes sense, I think however that it wasn't done...
  4. BrightestEffluence

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

The second was rife with amusement and desolate of the first games heart.
  5. BrightestEffluence

Opinions on Shenmue 2?

I played Shenmue 1 for the first time and I'd deem it quite a special game, not just for the technical achievements for its time but the story and slow burn pacing was just such a refreshing gaming experience. There's actually a lot of nuance to the characters, for example: Ryo is portrayed as a...
Back