Recent content by Amir

1. Amir

S3 Dreamcast/Xbox

Regarding Miao Village, @Switch wrote some great blog posts about its origins (with help from investigate work done by LanDC): [Part Eight] The Secret of Miao Village: Dialogue Revelations & Sequence of Events [Part Nine] The Secret of Miao Village: Dialogue Revelations & Sequence of Events...
  2. Amir

Old school Shenmue 2 trailers

I watched that intro over and over again as I waited for the whole video to buffer on QuickTime back in the day.
  3. Amir

Least favorite song in the Shenmue series?

I had never heard this before and I couldn't find the individual track on YouTube, but it looks like this is the version they included in the HD version as well (48:00 here): That is awful :sick: Thank God for the Dreamcast Music Restoration Mod on PC!
  4. Amir

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I think it's this, and that it came with Fighting Vipers 2: Sad to hear the uncompressed audio in that video and to think that it's most likely all been lost :/
  5. Amir

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

Nice find; interesting that that's twice now that they've planned for a bear to appear only to cut it from the final game. At the China conference in 2015 Suzuki showed this slide showing that Ryo was supposed to cross paths with a bear early in Bailu in Shenmue III:
  6. Amir

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

"Not to mention, you're terrible at asking questions!" Shots fired.
  7. Amir

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

親父?! 親父!!!!! I'm hyped.
  8. Amir

Real Baisha (Photos and Videos)

I went to the Fujian Tulou in Nov 2019 (great time to go to China :p ) but not that village Baisha, not sure if it is close? (Also lost weight since these photos were taken :P )
  9. Amir

Chat with Composer Osamua Murata on Twitter!

Cool to see he composed A Mesmerising Knife, that is one of my favourite tracks :)
  10. Amir

Unreleased Shenmue II US Dreamcast Prototype

I don't think I ever managed to get DEmul to work, but have you tried Redream? Worked for me: https://redream.io
  11. Amir

Weekly AM2 Vol. 5: Interview with Takenobu Mitsuyoshi & Shenmue Theme Ringtone

Interesting that Mitsuyoshi mentions that YMO were an influence, as member Ryuichi Sakamoto composed the Dreamcast startup sound (as well as the OST for Lack Of Love). Wonder if they met...
  12. Amir

Unused Japanese voice clips in PS4 update of Shenmue II?

I'm not sure I've ever seen that ice cream scene before! I usually find Wong in Pigeon Park. What do you have to do to find him in that location instead? Is it because it's nighttime?
  13. Amir

Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

Nice find, pulled this hi-res version of the key art from that site without the logos:
  14. Amir

Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

Looks great. I'm hyped :)
  15. Amir

Outcast 2: A New Beginning

Been waiting for this sequel for even longer than Shenmue III ;)
Back