Recent content by Alex_Star

1. Alex_Star

Shenmue Locations

I mean Aberdeen and Wan Chai was also rendered in Sleeping Dogs where it looks much more like their real life counterparts but Shenmue 2 depiction is very different, like different places
  2. Alex_Star

Shenmue Locations

How so? I don't see similiarities. As I've said they're no skyscrapers in Aberdeen or Wan Chai where Shenmue 2 takes place. It looks like an old town. Skyscrapers are only visible on the other side of the river from Aberdeen
  3. Alex_Star

Shenmue Locations

Looking at Aberdeen and Wan Chai photos they look almost nothing like depicted in Shenmue 2, so why is that? I thought the game was based on real locations but there are no skyscrapers in these parts in Shenmue 2, you can only see them on the other side of the river in the game. Was it different...
  4. Alex_Star

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Wow, thank you! I've asked at shenmue reddit and no one seem to know there so I kinda lost all hope. It seems to sound differently, I guess they remixed it for S3 but where does it play there, maybe you know it too? 😄
  5. Alex_Star

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Where's this song from? It seems to be called Harbour Hotel but I can't find it anywhere else in the compilations. It appears to be from the Shenmue 3 ost but as we all know most of the songs from it were actually from S2, but where is it from, where does it play, anyone know?
  6. Alex_Star

Edge Magazine Top 100 Games Of The Last 30 Years

This is one of the better lists I've seen actually
  7. Alex_Star

What is everyone's favourite generation for gaming?

Still nothing approaching Shenmue tho..
  8. Alex_Star

10 games you can play for the rest of your life

1. Shenmue II (2001) 2. Duke Nukem 3D (1996) 3. Doom (1993) 4. Dark Souls 2 (2009) 5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) Sorry for Top 5 only but there really aren't many games I could play again and again
  9. Alex_Star

List Your Top Favourite Games of ALL TIME!

Guys, I think you should go discuss this somewhere else or in pm as your last 4 messages have nothing to do with this thread. Let's not clutter the topic
  10. Alex_Star

Neither Shenmue game gets an honorable mention even :crying:
  11. Alex_Star

Yeah, I think it's the magnum opus of Saturn if there ever was one. I played it for the first time last year so I didn't have any nostalgia for it. I absolutely loved the music in that game, not all but many tunes are some of the best I've ever heard in a videogame. The game itself certainly has...
  12. Alex_Star

Haha, really? Didn't know this. I thought Saga is a sacred game among Saturn fans
  13. Alex_Star

Huh? There's nothing controversial in your list, many Sega games included, all along this site's trends. Have you seen my list above? Now that's pretty controversial as it looks like I'm the only one here who loves Souls series and old school fps games
  14. Alex_Star

Thanks, I've noticed of course that it's a 2019 thread so I kinda did a stealth bump, lol. I love reading these lists. As for my top favorite games.. I want to give it a slight twist and not just list my all time favorites cause it's boring, also plenty of them may not have stood the test of...
  15. Alex_Star

I've felt the same after playing The Last Guardian. Not a game I'd love to replay though because of its physically and emotionally draining gameplay mechanics, yeah.. I didn't play Shadow until when the remaster came out on ps4. I didn't like it after TLG, didn't feel anything
Back